·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what causes this?

·
Registered
433 Posts
My first guess would be something wedged in the primary cover rubbing your belt, stone, piece of wood!
also hard to tell for sure in the pic but is the belt running in the center of the sprocket, alignment of the rear wheel?

·
Silver member
4,987 Posts
Year and model would be helpful, but it looks like and 02 or newer based on the swingarm....

What does the inside of the belt look like? Those belts down stay dead center. They move outward if you back it up a ways and inward during forward movement.

Something is going on with your transmission pulley on the inside of your inner primary. You need to open it up and take a look. Something is failing or loose...

It is likely one of your inner primary bearings is failing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is likely one of your inner primary bearings is failing.
it’s an 02 Scout. Sounds like I’ll be busy this weekend...I hope that it is just something as simple as wood wedged in there

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To add to that reply: The inside of the belt is pristine like it was bought yesterday. The bike only has 4K on it...

·
Silver member
4,987 Posts
To add to that reply: The inside of the belt is pristine like it was bought yesterday. The bike only has 4K on it...
But it is 18 years old. Sometimes when they sit unused it is just as bad or worse than just riding them hard and keeping all the moving parts lubed and ready to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But it is 18 years old. Sometimes when they sit unused it is just as bad or worse than just riding them hard and keeping all the moving parts lubed and ready to go.
good point! I failed to realize that it is older than my kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts