Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my custom 2015 Indian Scout to the Tail of the Dragon. (318 Curves in 11 Miles). I have attached a video of the short trip. The video picks up with me a quarter of the way through the Dragon. I warm my tires up for the first few minutes, and then pick the pace up from there. I am beyond impressed with the performance of this machine through the twists and turns.
Currently I have Trask 2 into 1 Exhaust, Trask air filter, Power Commander V, and I am running Pirelli Night Dragon tires. I have K-Tech drop in springs in the front forks to stiffen up the ride. I will attach some pictures of the lean angle I am able to achieve with this Scout. ENJOY!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I took my custom 2015 Indian Scout to the Tail of the Dragon. (318 Curves in 11 Miles). I have attached a video of the short trip. The video picks up with me a quarter of the way through the Dragon. I warm my tires up for the first few minutes, and then pick the pace up from there. I am beyond impressed with the performance of this machine through the twists and turns.
Currently I have Trask 2 into 1 Exhaust, Trask air filter, Power Commander V, and I am running Pirelli Night Dragon tires. I have K-Tech drop in springs in the front forks to stiffen up the ride. I will attach some pictures of the lean angle I am able to achieve with this Scout. ENJOY!
I could hear the peg scraping. Awesome:

Reactions: curt7448

·
Registered
553 Posts
That is awesome, kicks ass. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Kick'n That Ass! Great run.

·
Registered
102 Posts
image.jpeg
Did it on my Roadmaster Today..
In my head, I ran it as hard as you did.
In reality.. my wife thought I was running it as hard as you did.
LOL.
Really enjoyed your post!!

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts

Kudos to your photographer. Those are some excellent action shots.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lots of good roads like that back home in NZ.

The Dragon is a great ride for sure.

Good riding there but obviously severely limited by the poor cornering clearance. Loved hearing it scrape in every other corner though.... good skills

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
I'm lucky to live just a couple hours away from deals gap and all the other great roads in the area. I have ridden many great roads all over the country this year and I have to say that NC mountains have the best "riding" roads in the country. There are other roads that have better scenery but the thrill of riding is right here.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nicely done! Good riding to be sure.

Let's talk about your rear tire though. Those look like cold tears, which really shouldn't be happening. I would check your pressure, you will need to air down if you're going to push on them so they can generate heat. If you have the right pressure you probably need suspension work. A smidge more rebound dampening maybe? Either that or the tire is just bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nicely done! Good riding to be sure.

Let's talk about your rear tire though. Those look like cold tears, which really shouldn't be happening. I would check your pressure, you will need to air down if you're going to push on them so they can generate heat. If you have the right pressure you probably need suspension work. A smidge more rebound dampening maybe? Either that or the tire is just bad.
Thanks for the advice. I will double check my pressure next go around. I also have new rear shocks coming from Fox Racing to help dial it in some more. I thought about asking Pirelli about the condition of my tires... don't know if it will do any good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts