Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Pursuit Seat Removal

6K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  starlifter 
#1 ·
Is it necessary to remove the trunk (tour pack) in order to remove the seat?

#5 ·
@starlifter I don’t have a Pursuit, but have a Challenger with a HD knockoff trunk. Since there‘s no rear bolt that holds the seat on (like on the Thunderstrokes), you should be able to knock the seat rearward enough to dislodge it from the rear seat post, which would also release the seat from the catches at the rear of the tank. From there, the seat should lift off. Although keep in mind the passenger portion of a Pursuit seat seems wider than a Challenger seat, but I don’t think that would cause any interference with the trunk when removing.

#14 ·
I have a Pursuit DH Prem on the way and thank you for this video. Question...two actually.

In my use, I can see myself taking the trunk off and replacing it fairly frequently so...

1. If the bolts aren't replaced, does it lessen that security of the trunk at all? Is there a chance that the quick release latches wouldn't do their job?
2. Can you see any way that a lock and cable can fit in there for security of the trunk so removal is simply removal of the locak, two quick release levers and disconnect of cable?

Thanks ahead.

#9 ·
I posted somewhere...if you remove the three 6mm allen screws that hold this pad on you can remove the seat with the trunk still in place. My seat is from RDL and bigger than the climacontrol seat and I can get mine off.

Vehicle Comfort Automotive exterior Car seat cover Auto part

#13 ·
Thanks. I figured it out and will likely use the same procedure if I need to do it again. It was a bit of a pita getting the second connector (under the seat) disconnected while holding the seat and then reconnecting, but now that I've got it figured out...

#16 ·
The best method IMO is to remove the trunk. I just went through this yesterday installing Custom Dynamics saddle bag lights. I'm always looking for shortcuts but I could not get the seat off with the trunk on. No biggie but sucks if you're on the road and need to access under the seat.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive tire

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.