Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order some new tires for the Chief and will be replacing the inner tubes as well. Not keen on paying the extortion fee to Indian for the tubes and wanted to know where others are purchasing theirs. The Indian site gives you the size for the rear tube but not where the valve is located and the front doesn't even give you the size. Sooo... Any websites and part numbers for those of you have already done it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a little research on a couple of other sites this is what i have found for the rear.

Drag Specialities
Part number - DS181226
Drag Specialties 5.00-5.10 X 16 SRV

BikeMaster
Part number - 37-0169

IRC
Part number - T20036
5.00/5.10-16 TR15 (off set)

I'm still trying to determine if the front tube is a straight or offset metal valve stem. I found one reference to this possibly being the right one but it is a straight valve stem and on the rim it comes out of the right side.
Drag Specialities
Part number - DS181232

It's a little hard for me to swallow that no one has any info on the proper front tube. ANYONE?

·
Banned
27 Posts
Look at the valve stem on your rim. It is either a side valve stem or center valve stem. It is either a steel or rubber one. The tube size will be determined by your tire size.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nickle, There is no way to determine this beyond a shadow of a doubt without having the tire off and looking at the tube. Of course it does have a metal valve stem. Which is also curious because why would you have a rubber valve stem on the rear and a metal one on the front? Do you have a Chieftain?

·
Registered
395 Posts
The OEM tube on mine was a IRC tube. Buy a aftermarket for around $30 or less.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The OEM tube on mine was a IRC tube. Buy a aftermarket for around $30 or less.
I understand the OEM is from IRC, but does anyone have the cross reference part number for the front tube from the Indian part number to the IRC part number? Living overseas I have to order the tube online and get it replaced at my Indy mechanic. It can potentially take 2-3 weeks for my tube to get here and don't want to pull the bike apart and once I have the tube out order the new one. Hence why I am asking if anyone has the specific IRC part number or other Aftermarket inner tube part number so I can have it here standing by ready to install with minimal downtime.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I understand the OEM is from IRC, but does anyone have the cross reference part number for the front tube from the Indian part number to the IRC part number? Living overseas I have to order the tube online and get it replaced at my Indy mechanic. It can potentially take 2-3 weeks for my tube to get here and don't want to pull the bike apart and once I have the tube out order the new one. Hence why I am asking if anyone has the specific IRC part number or other Aftermarket inner tube part number so I can have it here standing by ready to install with minimal downtime.
you need a tube with a pv 78 stem for the front. don't know the tire size off the top of my head
IRC TIRE MOTORCYCLE TIRE OFFICIAL SITE | TUBE | BUTYL RUBBER TUBE

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheel Rim Spoke Alloy wheel Tire

I don't think it is a PV78 due to the placement of the threads on the valve stem for the nuts, at least the pictures I can find of the valve stem shows the threads like the above picture not like the pictures I find of the PV78. Definitely going to need a part number cross reference to get the true answer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
View attachment 47550
I don't think it is a PV78 due to the placement of the threads on the valve stem for the nuts, at least the pictures I can find of the valve stem shows the threads like the above picture not like the pictures I find of the PV78. Definitely going to need a part number cross reference to get the true answer.
yep I agree its not a pv78

i'm bowing out at this point. i'm not sure how many miles you received out of your tires and not sure how much their tubes are but an assumed example of 75.00 for a tube divided by 30000 miles would be .0025 cents a mile. While I don't want to waste my money my free time is worth at least twice my clock time. I'd probably buy the Indian tube and then I would have much more time to research for the next one. To each their own ride safe brother

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Zivadaddy. I was hoping I would get lucky on here with finding the answer without having to spend the loot, but I will probably do it anyway and then hopefully share the information with everyone on here for the next time someone else is looking for the answer since it appears no one has it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts