Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a 2017 RM black and snakeskin green with 2300 miles. The dealer didn't have any info on mods other then Vance and Hines slip ons.
I haven't seen the bike in person just on line. Anything I should be looking out for. Anyone ever seen the this color combo in person???
I have a 70 chevy pickup painted sub line green pearl over black... looks really close.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Purchasing a 2017 RM black and snakeskin green with 2300 miles. The dealer didn't have any info on mods other then Vance and Hines slip ons.
I haven't seen the bike in person just on line. Anything I should be looking out for. Anyone ever seen the this color combo in person???
I have a 70 chevy pickup painted sub line green pearl over black... looks really close.
Sounds nice can't wait to see the pics

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw one of these in eastern Oklahoma. You can’t miss it. It will definitely catch your eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. The only problem that I have had with my 17 RM was my voltage regulator. It was a fairly common problem with the 17s, I think. Easy to change if it goes out. Otherwise, I have enjoyed the 28,000+ miles that I have ridden it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the clacking noise isn't effecting every bike???
I have seen the bike it person... does it look good? Or a color scheme gone wrong....
I have a 70 chevy c10 painted lime green pearl over black... that's what caught my eye with this bike....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got the all black '17 RM classic. I was wanting to paint it blue & black (Once I start seeing paint chips & dings). After seeing the green, I'm rethinking that plan. NICE!

·
Rider
548 Posts
So the clacking noise isn't effecting every bike???
I have seen the bike it person... does it look good? Or a color scheme gone wrong....
I have a 70 chevy c10 painted lime green pearl over black... that's what caught my eye with this bike....
Mine didn't clack but others reported theirs did....I think it was the Stage 2 cams that caused this, but not sure. Mine had the stock cams.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You sho
Well.. it's in my garage now.. live the ride and looks.... didn't buy it from an indian dealer so trying to figure out all the bells seems whistle that comes with it...
You should have gotten the hand pump for the rear shock, a fork lock key and maybe some paperwork for the warrantee (I believe you get 2 years unlimited mileage). You may want to register it as soon as you can online or at a dealer. There's also a small tool kit for opening the dipstick and the oil drain plugs. I never got an owners manual, but I believe everything you need to know is online. You may want to update the ride command maps and misc updates available at: Motorcycle Digital Display: GPS - Ride App | Indian Motorcycle I've done mine every spring.
Do you have any particular questions about the controls or maintenance?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have everything except the tool to preload rear shock.
I connected my phone but I was unable to hear. To used the phone do you have to have like a sena 10 or 20. Or should it come from the bikes speaker. Also which bluetooth system works best for two riders to be able to listen to radio, nav and answer phone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I connected my phone but I was unable to hear. To used the phone do you have to have like a sena 10 or 20. Or should it come from the bikes speaker. Also which bluetooth system works best for two riders to be able to listen to radio, nav and answer phone.
No you don't need to have a bluetooth headset, but make sure that the stereo output is set to speaker. Also, most phones will assume that the bluetooth connection is a headset and will limit the sound level. On the phone you need to turn up the volume and when you get the warning about loud volume causing damage to your hearing, go ahead and crank it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beautiful bike and good choice. I've been on my 17 Springfield for 32k and it runs better Everytime I get on. Great bikes (from an old Harley guy).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congratulations bcso213, nice color, I have the the Burgundy Metallic 17 RM fabulous ride, I road from Boston Ma to Vegas, LA n San Diego California then back to Phoenix Arizona and back to Boston in 2018. I also have the stock headers with cats and when I hit Arizona it was 116 degrees and at 90 mph, that made the rear cylinder hot as hell, the one and only time I've felt the heat from engine like that. I had to dropped her down to 70mph to keep cool. But that road trip was fantastic. I'll be replacingthe head's next month with American Customs Flex Headers. Now go forth and enjoy.

·
Rider
808 Posts
40k on mine, nice touring machine. I've ridden it all over the country, 3 times coast to coast.A few 900-1000 mile days. Stage ll cams, decatted. Power Vision this fall just before I put it away for the winter so haven't had much time to play with it. Bike runs great with the tune thats there. Heat not a real issue, ridden across the Mojave a couple of times and and all over the desert SW as comfortably as can be expected in 115 deg heat. Minor issues: Fork seal leak, replaced under warranty @ 15k miles, wrinkled chrome strips on front and rear fenders, replaced under warranty but did it again, rear TPMS fails intermittently, fix it this spring, need to replace the latch on the cubby hole lid in fairing , easy fix. I did notice the clutch side hand warmer getting weak, expect I'll have to replace the heated grip also. All in all very satisfied. I plan on riding it for another summer, then possible trade for the new Challenger "touring model" coming out next year.

Attachments

·
Rider
808 Posts
I stream music, Iheart Radio etc. all day long w/USB or Bluetooth through the speakers with no issues I have a Sena headset but have it paired up to the phone and Garmin GPS. Sirius Sat. when there's no cell service which happens regularly out west here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts