Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a 2017 icon RM next friday.... it has 2300 miles on it with Vance and Hines slip on's. How can I find out if a stage 2 cam kit has been done. (Or any cam kit) The dealer bought the bike and doesn't have history.
Also is there anything I need to know to be on the look out for on a 17

·
Rider
718 Posts
Have you ridden any other TS Indians or have any friends with Indians? There is a is a very distinct loping sound with Stage 2 cams at idle, and a little performance improvement that can be detected if you have experience with these bikes. Certainly, the techs at the dealership should be able to discern if it has performance cams. Other than a very unordinary oil seepage leak at the final drive shaft due to a seal failure, my '17 Springfield has been perfect.

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
is the air intake stage 1 or factory?... as Caprock said you can tell by the idle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picking up a 2017 icon RM next friday.... it has 2300 miles on it with Vance and Hines slip on's. How can I find out if a stage 2 cam kit has been done. (Or any cam kit) The dealer bought the bike and doesn't have history.
Also is there anything I need to know to be on the look out for on a 17

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not seen thier bike in person. Found it on line. They are holding it for me.
What is the deal with the icon series.. the color is thunder black and snakeskin green... how many did they make of each series

·
Registered
21 Posts
Generally the ICON series had different paint and upgraded speaker systems compare to generic RM’s.

·
Rider
1,023 Posts
The dealer can access the ECM and see if there is a Stage 2 flash on it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts