Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume it's just justice me 3M molding adhesive, but wanted to see if anyone has pulled the plastic badges off the tank before I dive in.

Since wrapping is ridiculously expensive, and I don't want to paint her, Lozen is getting dipped, and I just want to know what I'm getting in to before I get into it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Fine fishing line and Goo Gone to get the residule left over off the tank. Use sawing motion with fishing line and work from front to back. Should be okay.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice tips guys. I still have some carbon fiber pattern vinyl wrap material left over when I did some wrapping on my Honda. It had a chrome center console on the tank that the sun reflected right off it in your eyes in the high sun times of the day. I have noticed an annoying same chrome reflection on my RM, the chrome around the speakers in the fairing. Going to see what I can do to get them covered up.

Reactions: ChiefLozen

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice tips guys. I still have some carbon fiber pattern vinyl wrap material left over when I did some wrapping on my Honda. It had a chrome center console on the tank that the sun reflected right off it in your eyes in the high sun times of the day. I have noticed an annoying same chrome reflection on my RM, the chrome around the speakers in the fairing. Going to see what I can do to get them covered up.

I cannot recommend plastidip enough for this. I blacked out the center chrome console on my '20 DH and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I presume it's just justice me 3M molding adhesive, but wanted to see if anyone has pulled the plastic badges off the tank before I dive in.

Since wrapping is ridiculously expensive, and I don't want to paint her, Lozen is getting dipped, and I just want to know what I'm getting in to before I get into it.
It is just adhesive , alright.

The previous owner of my Roadmaster moved the Indian script logos onto the saddlebags and put on Zambini badges onto the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts