Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got everything loose tail pipe off or all clamps loose its still solid . All I have left is getting it out. Need some susgestions. I dont want to bend eanything..

Sent from my SM-J737R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
You might have to bump the assembly a bit to loosen front and rear head pipes from each other. A rubber mallet will do the trick as long as all clamps are loose. Just a little bit at a time and you will soon get enough slack to withdraw from cylinder heads and remove from bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might have to bump the assembly a bit to loosen front and rear head pipes from each other. A rubber mallet will do the trick as long as all clamps are loose. Just a little bit at a time and you will soon get enough slack to withdraw from cylinder heads and remove from bike.
Im just getting back to it . What all do I have to remove to get cc off. I appreciate your help ty..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take special care with your oxygen sensors in the head pipes. Either pull the wiring connectors, or unscrew the sensors while winding the wires.
Hay Dieslgman that was easy again thank you. I didn't have eany problems. I ask before I make mistakes. Love working on the bike. Never had time before now I have all the time. Have a good day man...

·
Bronze member
1,890 Posts
Before you button it up, you might want to install a baffle or divider horizontally in the collector. If you search other threads on this topic you will see pictures. I did it in mine, not sure what it adds, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not sure, however it should be that it could be welded using either a stick or mig welder if the correct type of wire or rod is used.
I have found these rods and plan to use them; Forney Stainless Steel Welding Rod, 312-16 Alloy, 1/8 in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts