Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The V&H classics and decatted head pipe are in the house, the K&N filter and PV3 tuner are on the way from Fuel Motto. Next weekend will be spent pulling things off and putting things on (including spacers to move the boards out a bit).

She'll sound like a real bike soon!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone had an issue with the HD exhaust gaskets vs. the Indians on the 111? $45 for gaskets is a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK, so I moved the weekend up by a week. Old header off and replaced (with various cuts, scrapes and bruises). Old mufflers off and new V&H classics on (piece of cake). New spark plugs gapped and in (some choice words uttered on the front). Rear Cylinder pipe heat shield straps busted off and new straps attached (head shaking as to why). PV3 on the way from Fuel Motto (Thursday delivery) with the K&N being dropped shipped. Maybe by the weekend I can just ride.

Two things I noticed from the tear down: the rear cylinder had some blow by at the gasket (I bit the bullet and went with the Indian gasket on replacement) and the spark plugs were more white than gray at 11K -- she was running leaner than I would tune it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts