Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got tied of the November then January, then February now March thing.As they say tomorrow never comes .
So I have purchased a Triumph Bonneville t100 today. Maybe I will revisit the Indian Scout thing in few years time ,when they sort out all the problems.Bye for now Don
20150131_121606.jpg
20150131_122624.jpg
20150131_122635.jpg

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Enjoy the Ride

Reactions: Kiwidon

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to see you go, but at least you still got something as nice.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
Howdy Don,
Well, too bad about the Scout, but the Triumph is a beautiful machine and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It really is a great time to be a motorcyclist, there are so many wonderful bikes available.
--- Randall

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Cheers Kiwidon, a mate of mine just bought a speed master. We rode tested the America as well both we both preferred the speed Masterwhich I am guessing is similar to what you have. Keep a eye out for the Scouts though!
Alpal

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Kiwidon
I fully understand your decision. I am sure that it wasn't an easy one to make.
It is very frustrating at present as we don't have a clear idea of what is going on.
Any communication is better than being left in the dark
Triumph does make good bikes mate.
Enjoy getting back on the road and winding the throttle out in the McKenzie Country

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,780 Posts
I'm waiting until some Scouts become available, then I will make the decision between a Scout, A Bonney, or something else for an around town hotrod. Since I have the Chieftain now, I'm not desperate.

Good luck with the Bonney. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I pulled the pin today also. Refund of deposit from Sydney Indian pending.

I may revisit the brand in a few years, when they have tightened up the product and processes.

Nice Triumph by the way Don......they do make a quality product.

Has anyone considered the new Kawasaki Vulcan S? Parallel twin 650, six speed, ABS, fuel gauge (yes, it can be made), gear indicator, trip meter, etc etc......$9,999.00 ride away in Australia.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Sorry to hear you bailed out. You may be sorry I hope not. I've enjoyed your post, don't be a stranger. Good day mate.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Hey POLARIS,! Are you reading this?! This could be the start of the Avalanche down the mountain. There are hundreds if not thousands of guys and girls out there who are wondering if it is worth it! I sold insurance for twenty years and the one thing I learnt was that people preferred the hear bad news rather than no news at all. For goodness sake and maybe for Indians sake, give us an answer! Tell us why we are waiting!
Alpal

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm considering bailing too. I've been looking hard at a lot of other bikes. I am still crazy about the Scout, but I'm wondering if it is worth all of this waiting and wondering. Maybe, if they get a Polaris rep on the forum that can make sense out of all this, I might stay in. Meanwhile, I've got my eye on a couple of pretty nice bikes, and when this cold weather passes, I just might pull the trigger on something else.

Nice bike Kiwidon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts