Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since our 2017 Springfield I have been looking for adjustable levers for the 111 bikes to accommodate my wife's smaller hands. We have since moved up to a pair of 18 Chieftains and we recently added PSR Journey adjustable levers to her Chieftain. The Journey levers are the same size as stock levers....

At the same time I changed out the stock clutch cable for a Barnett clutch cable and clutch shaft arm...what we discovered is that if we set the lever to as close to the bars as possible, (the #1 setting) there is not enough pull to engage the clutch fully. I had to rotate the clutch shaft arm a lot further counter clockwise on the shaft arm in order to get the proper pull on the clutch...and this is using setting #3 on the lever. I just cannot get it to work properly on setting #1 for anything.

It takes a lot of adjusting of the mid-cable tensioner to find the sweet spot where you can easily shift into Neutral and have enough clutch pull through sixth gear and not loose any clutch engagement...it was literally a pain in the ass.

Overall the bike shifts very well through all the gears,

Overall the bike slips into neutral like a knife through hot butter

But I can only get it to setting #3 in order to get the best clutch performance overall.

Would I recommend them...yes. It gives her a more secure grip on the clutch without having to take her hand off the handle bar in order to get to the clutch.

Just beware they are not just plug n play replacements and you may need to set aside half a day to drive around the neighborhood and make adjustments until you can get the proper clutch pull.....Good Luck

Footwear Eyewear Automotive design Vehicle Personal protective equipment

·
Bronze member
4,872 Posts
Since our 2017 Springfield I have been looking for adjustable levers for the 111 bikes to accommodate my wife's smaller hands. We have since moved up to a pair of 18 Chieftains and we recently added PSR Journey adjustable levers to her Chieftain. The Journey levers are the same size as stock levers....

At the same time I changed out the stock clutch cable for a Barnett clutch cable and clutch shaft arm...what we discovered is that if we set the lever to as close to the bars as possible, (the #1 setting) there is not enough pull to engage the clutch fully. I had to rotate the clutch shaft arm a lot further counter clockwise on the shaft arm in order to get the proper pull on the clutch...and this is using setting #3 on the lever. I just cannot get it to work properly on setting #1 for anything.

It takes a lot of adjusting of the mid-cable tensioner to find the sweet spot where you can easily shift into Neutral and have enough clutch pull through sixth gear and not loose any clutch engagement...it was literally a pain in the ass.

Overall the bike shifts very well through all the gears,

Overall the bike slips into neutral like a knife through hot butter

But I can only get it to setting #3 in order to get the best clutch performance overall.

Would I recommend them...yes. It gives her a more secure grip on the clutch without having to take her hand off the handle bar in order to get to the clutch.

Just beware they are not just plug n play replacements and you may need to set aside half a day to drive around the neighborhood and make adjustments until you can get the proper clutch pull.....Good Luck

View attachment 606826
View attachment 606827
View attachment 606828 View attachment 606829 View attachment 606830

You almost have to go with the Barnett shaft arm, because if you didn't you wouldn't get full disengagement of the clutch with the reduce lever pull. The Barnett shaft arm allows the clutch to disengage sooner and engage later

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I wish that they made these for the 2017 and earlier models

Reactions: WW Smith
1 - 3 of 3 Posts