Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just wanted to let everyone know that Viking Bags has their Scout bobber solo bag back on stock. (Been checking daily for months now) It’s identical to the Indian bobber solo bag for 1/3 of the price. Plus use code MD2021 and you’ll get an additional 25% off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thx for the info - ordered!
For no reason Viking cancelled my order and refunded me o_O Chatting with the customer service is making you feel you're on a prank show.... "it does look like our fraud protection system did mark it as fraud and it did get cancelled and refunded..."

Never argued that long with a company to accept an order....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For no reason Viking cancelled my order and refunded me o_O Chatting with the customer service is making you feel you're on a prank show.... "it does look like our fraud protection system did mark it as fraud and it did get cancelled and refunded..."

Never argued that long with a company to accept an order....
Oh man, sucks to hear that. But glad you were able to get the order in. Mine should arrive tomorrow via FedEx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my order arrived and it was just an envelope with the hardware. No bag! Can’t get in contact with them until Tuesday due to it being memorial week.... I’ll keep you guys posted....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my order arrived and it was just an envelope with the hardware. No bag! Can’t get in contact with them until Tuesday due to it being memorial week.... I’ll keep you guys posted....
My orer arrived with the bag but no bolts, no biggie as plenty of people have identified the appropriate bolts to purchase. Bag looks great!

·
Rider
1,329 Posts
Daaaaaang 😒

I ordered the endscuoio bag about 10 days ago (wife did)...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update - screws came from the California location and bag is coming from Illinois location. Reason why I received the hardware first. Customer service gave me the second tracking number. Bag is on route!

·
Rider
1,329 Posts
Which one? I got the tomahawk, it is simply awesome. Never seen a saddlebag this well made.
Yeah, Tomahawk

wife checked and it should be arriving Friday 👏🏼

Just need something to hold a hat, some sunglasses, a backup charger and a spare Redbull or Gatorade 🤘🏼

·
Registered
36 Posts
They cancelled the 2nd order as well... Eventually I called a friend in the states to place the order for me.
Customer service gave me a call yesterday to verify if my 2nd order was fraud or not. Why they couldn‘t do this when I chatted with them? No idea! As the order which was placed by my friend is on the way already I refused to get my original order reactivated.

btw, the bag is now out of stock.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber 60
71 Posts
I ordered this bag and it just came today. I opened the box and there were no bolts. I checked the website and it said "The bag comes with all the hardware needed for mounting." I knew that the existing bolts were too short to reuse.

I called Viking Bags and told them about this and the lady on the phone asks what it says in the instructions. I told here there were no instructions in the box. She said she would have to talk to R & D about that. She asked if I knew how to install them. I said yes as they are identical to the Indian brand bags. I told her the existing bolts were too short and longer bolts were needed.

She then tells me that since they have no bags left in stock, I only had two options.

One, return the bag for a refund..

Two, go to a local hardware store and buy two bolts. She said that they would reimburse me for the cost of the bolts. So I went to Home Depot and found two stainless steel bolts that fit. They are phillips heads and they they are not black but they work. They cost me a whole $4.66, so I'm not going to bother trying to get reimbursed.

Other than that, it is a nice bag, for the price.
saddle bag.jpg

·
Rider
1,329 Posts
Cool reminder to never buy anything from Viking

sounds like a low rate sh1t show

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pretty soon they should run out of customers to screw over I would think. Absolutely horrible company and just crap quality products. Never again.

Cool reminder to never buy anything from Viking

sounds like a low rate sh1t show

·
Registered
92 Posts
I picked one up due to the Memorial day sale (80 bucks). Bag came in with no hardware and no instructions, not that you really need instructions. I had some bolts already in the garage. My biggest beef is that the description says the buckles are stainless steel when they are actually very cheap plastic. For the money, it'll do, and the bag itself is not bad looking and has a liner, but i get the feeling the buckles will crack in a year or two.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the money I went for it, hardware came day after I bought some at Home Depot (M8X1.25 x60mm). Not a fan of the loose bag inside for storage but hey for $80.00 it will do while I save up for the Ends Cuiro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts