Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Rode my KTM1190S to Sturgis and back from San Diego. (3900 miles total round trip and local riding). Loved the bikes there. My brother and one of his friends ride Indian's so I did a test ride at the dealership in Sturgis. Loved it. Coming from adventure and dual sport bikes, the low CG, saddle seat, and floor boards were a delightful change. Completely different RPM band compared to the 1190 but not in a bad way.

Looking at a 19 Chieftain Dark Horse Bronze tomorrow at a local dealer. Hoping the wife likes it, if so, probably pull the trigger in the next week or two. Seen one at the dealer in Vegas on my way home but its complicated to buy a vehicle in another state and then register it in California.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Welcome from Australia Kevin, I am sure if your wife sees the Bronze she will want one .They are a great bike as is any Indian ,but the Bronze is really nice and stands out .

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck with the purchase.

4T

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Love the bronze smoke color. If you are into Earth tones the Dark Walnut is a great color too, especially in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Love the bronze smoke color. If you are into Earth tones the Dark Walnut is a great color too, especially in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That Dark Walnut is stunning in the sun and out for that matter.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Welcome to the tribe. SW Florida here. yup those dam taxes from one state to another get in the way. As for your wife. 3 days prior take her to a nice dinner. She gonna say either one of two things.
1. What did u do wrong or
2. What do you wanna buy now.
If it's #1. ya golden tell her nothing., if #2 o nothing honey just felt like you deserve a nice dinner without having to do the dish's. then wait a few days so she forget an then bring up the bike.
This usually works unless u pulled this on her prior an then well your screwed lol

·
Registered
982 Posts
Welcome to the tribe. SW Florida here. yup those dam taxes from one state to another get in the way. As for your wife. 3 days prior take her to a nice dinner. She gonna say either one of two things.
1. What did u do wrong or
2. What do you wanna buy now.
If it's #1. ya golden tell her nothing., if #2 o nothing honey just felt like you deserve a nice dinner without having to do the dish's. then wait a few days so she forget an then bring up the bike.
This usually works unless u pulled this on her prior an then well your screwed lol
Women do not like being left put of the process even if it's a table saw they will never use. Ask her about color choice. It worked for me.

·
Rider
875 Posts
Welcome to the world of owning and Indian. I must warn you they are addictive! I have a 2018 chieftain classic in silver smoke and absolutely love it! The bike just loves the corners and twisty roads. It is a very nice ride!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All went well, pick up my Bronze DH Chieftain tomorrow(Fri).
My wife actually liked the red/black TM Icon.
We talked, then decided on the DH.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that fairing, same as what was on the RM Icon. You could get the Stage three, that is 116.

Is it true that 2020 will be new water cooled engine?

Seems odd that in 2019 they added the rear cylinder cut out to reduce heat at idle with plans to go water cooled one year later.
Can't wait for tomorrow's ride home and taking it easy for break-in, ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple of pics, got the first break-in oil change done. Clutch switch is on order, will only start in N. Odd that the service guy thought that was normal until he tried every other 2019 on the floor. They all started in any gear/kickstand up/clutch in. 20190823_121050.jpg 20190823_121057.jpg

·
Rider
633 Posts
Local dealer tells me that the 116 will be coming out as a standard bike soon, no need to upgrade out of the box.
Not sure if he meant 2020 or 2021.

·
Rider
875 Posts
Local dealer tells me that the 116 will be coming out as a standard bike soon, no need to upgrade out of the box.
Not sure if he meant 2020 or 2021.
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Glad to see it! Question is what do they plan on selling to upgrade from there? LOL!

·
Rider
633 Posts
Lol
I said the same thing... 121 maybe with a turbo.

·
Rider
875 Posts
View attachment 516794
If they were to do this for 2020 with a 116 I’ll get the checkbook out.
Dude! I love that fairing design! Different from the chieftain classic or roadmaster design yet it still has Indian cues like the running lights and turn signals. Not a complete Harley knockoff like I feel the 2019's are. Something new but different! You should sell that design to Indian. Why didn't they think of this?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts