Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning while leaving out at 5:45 am for work, I had the privilege of experiencing the “warning notice” that the battery in my fob for my Springfield needed to be changed. In a 30 yard stretch in front of my neighbors’ houses, not once, but four loud beeps from the horn as I drove to the stop sign. It was super embarrassing, but it dang sure made me change the battery as soon as possible! Sure wish it could just be a light flashing on the console or something like that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
well now they ALL know you have an indian lol. i agree a flashing light would be better. but on other hand some may wait till they get stuck b4 changing. This way you know ya going to Have to change it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's not necessarily a bad battery yet. Sometimes the bike just cant read the signal due to interference. Happens to me once in great while. Just move the FOB to another pocket or something like that. When it's in my right pocket next to my knife , it doesn't read as well. So I got used to putting it in another pocket. I have changed my battery already once in the 2 years I've had though just for maintenance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just automatically change the battery in both my Harley and Indian FOB every spring. As cheap as the batteries are, it gives me peace of mind

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Oh, the first world problems we have :rolleyes:, I change mine in the spring also. I put reminders on my Google calendar, works great for birthdays and anniversaries also.

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
didn't know they did that...:( guess I do now... if it happens to me at 6am when I leave for work everyone will get to hear what a Buffalo Air Horn sounds like...

·
Registered
157 Posts
didn't know they did that...:( guess I do now... if it happens to me at 6am when I leave for work everyone will get to hear what a Buffalo Air Horn sounds like...
Oh, I've had that experience. You will be wide awake when that happens for sure...

·
Silver member
4,811 Posts
That horn is a good thing. It could prevent theft in the right situation, which is the purpose. The horn blares 4 times or so and then the engine will shut the bike down to protect your investment.

Good engineering in my mind...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts