Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please help me with this. I'll keep it short and concise.

• I changed my primary cover yesterday and Indian told me to lean the bike on its crash bar so the fluid would not pour out when I took it off.
  • I saw a video and they did not do this and it looked fine.
  • Having that done, regardless I want to change the primary inlay cover in addition ...in front of the primary.
  • Do I really have to lean the bike to avoid fluid coming out?
Thanks much.

Mods, could you please move this to 'General Discussion'? Your newb screwed up.

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
I assume we're talking about a 111/116 engine. Up to you, if you don't drain the oil or lean the bike over to the other side, worst thing that could probably happen is oil could drain out once you pull the cover, especially if it's on it's kickstand. You could go for it, just have a good wide pan of some sorts to catch any oil. Service manual calls for draining the oil via the drain plugs.

Reactions: sapient

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume we're talking about a 111/116 engine. Up to you, if you don't drain the oil or lean the bike over to the other side, worst thing that could probably happen is oil could drain out once you pull the cover, especially if it's on it's kickstand. You could go for it, just have a good wide pan of some sorts to catch any oil. Service manual calls for draining the oil via the drain plugs.
Thank you. Yes, the 111. Sorry about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts