Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Administrator
22,595 Posts
NOTE FROM HINK: This thread is almost impossible to extricate from politics. We have had one member banned for repeatedly violating this principle in this thread, and warning points handed out for personal attacks by others. If you cannot avoid politics or personal attacks, stay out of this thread.
———————————————————————+——-++

I leave this thread for a day or two (forgot to bookmark it) and what happens?? Six pages, people! Kinda fun to see what happens when the heavy hand of moderation doesn’t step in, eh?

First I was tempted to step in and clean up and start deleting and handing out warning points and suspending people and all sorts of stuff. But it’s Friday nite and I’m chilling on the deck w Julie and we’re having cigars and drinking adult beverages and I’ve got brand new E4 tires on my bike good for 20,000 miles which gets me thru the summer.

So I’m just gonna kick back and enjoy the fireplace and this wonderful May evening. God bless each of you and ride safe!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Hey! How in the hell did I miss this thread?? And all the politics?? Six pages, people! Kinda fun to see what happens when the heavy hand of moderation doesn’t step in, eh?

First I was tempted to step in and clean up and start deleting and handing out warning points and suspending people and all sorts of stuff. But it’s Friday nite and I’m chilling on the deck w Julie and we’re having cigars and drinking adult beverages and I’ve got brand new E4 tires on my bike good for 20,000 miles which gets me thru the summer.

So I’m just gonna kick back and enjoy the fireplace and this wonderful May evening. God bless each of you and ride safe!
It's an insurrection of the comment section! HANG THE VP!

🤣😉

·
German Rider
2,394 Posts
But the reason is not the price of crude oil, it is the taxes on we all pay at has stations. So it is the government who is the reason....

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: ArTravlR

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
The cost from my supplier just went up another 16 cents last night For regular unleaded . I’m going to need to replace the battery in my price sign remote control. Prices are changing daily.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,433 Posts
I've looked online and electric motorcycles aren't there yet with regards to range or charging time. If looking for a higher mpg bike think smaller bikes with smaller engines for the most part. About the best I've seen online is the Honda NC750X which can get anywhere from 60 to 75 mpg as a "not too small" bike. The styling might not be for everyone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
He's also to blame for the worldwide gas increase in advanced countries as well correct?
It's supply and demand, everywhere. We were a net exporter of oil, so supply was up prices down. Now, due to changes in policy we are a net importer, so supply is down, prices up. If you can't see or understand that you must be among the 27% that think things are good.

·
Administrator
22,595 Posts
Next morning.

Ok folks so when I get a chance I’m going to go thru and delete personal attacks. Those things bug me. And they piss me off. Let’s try to minimize the pissing and moaning about Biden vs Trump.

·
Banned
504 Posts
It's supply and demand, everywhere. We were a net exporter of oil, so supply was up prices down. Now, due to changes in policy we are a net importer, so supply is down, prices up. If you can't see or understand that you must be among the 27% that think things are good.
I'm not part of the 27% who think things are good. I'm also not part of a certain percentage of people fooled by political talking points that try to bury a president for political reasons over the GLOBAL market cost of oil which a president has almost zero control of. I also don't own a giant truck that I don't need because I realize that the global oil market is
unpredictable and I choose not to suffer for stupidity.

I'd suggest doing some reading about this from some of the most non-biased news sources like AP, Reuters, PBS to name a few. Start with AP and try to ignore those other sources that have an agenda. 😉 Good luck

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
1,226 Posts
Price of Diesel in Downeast Maine this morning $6.18 per gallon.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm not part of the 27% who think things are good. I'm also not part of a certain percentage of people fooled by political talking points that try to bury a president for political reasons over the GLOBAL market cost of oil which a president has almost zero control of. I also don't own a giant truck that I don't need because I realize that the global oil market is
unpredictable and I choose not to suffer for stupidity.

I'd suggest doing some reading about this from some of the most non-biased news sources like AP, Reuters, PBS to name a few. Start with AP and try to ignore those other sources that have an agenda. 😉 Good luck
So, if someone is the reason production is decreased are they also the reason prices increase?

Please explain how changing the U.S. from a net exporter to a net importer of oil has not caused gas to get more expensive.

Oh, and yeah, PBS is a non biased news source, riiiiiight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do people think the government has no roll in this. All they do is spread fear. Let’s cancel a pipeline ,(fear). Let’s cancel drilling lease,(fear). Let’s blame it on war with Ukraine. Oh wait the prices were going up before that started. Fear fear fear.

·
Banned
504 Posts
So, if someone is the reason production is decreased are they also the reason prices increase?

Please explain how changing the U.S. from a net exporter to a net importer of oil has not caused gas to get more expensive.

Oh, and yeah, PBS is a non biased news source, riiiiiight.
Production has actually increased, I don't expect your opinion news to tell you this at all but like I said, again.... start with some non-biased non-opinion news and you'll learn some non-political facts. Cut out the Tucker, Hannity, Lemon, etc.....it does everyone better. Best of luck!

Reactions: Foxxbatt

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,433 Posts
It's just more taxation in a way. Either the guovernment directly takes it and gives it to their rich buddies or they just let their rich buddies gouge us for all they can get. Either way the little guy gets hosed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Production has actually increased, I don't expect your opinion news to tell you this at all but like I said, again.... start with some non-biased non-opinion news and you'll learn some non-political facts. Cut out the Tucker, Hannity, Lemon, etc.....it does everyone better. Best of luck!
2019 U.S. oil production -> U.S. crude oil production grew 11% in 2019, surpassing 12 million barrels per day

2022 U.S. oil production -> U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis

So, production may be up from 2020 or 2021, but actually down from when it was under 2 bucks.

Where'd you get you're information? Probably the same place that claims job creation is better than ever before. They only tell you half the story. They don't mention how much oil we produced prior to them making it more difficult. Just like they don't tell you jobs are up so much because everything was shut down. They just expect you to drink the kool-aid. How is it?

·
Bronze member
1,768 Posts
Keeping opinion out of this discussion - the US became a net exporter of oil in 2019 and has remained through 2021. Obviously too early in this year to see if that will hold.

Reactions: Ian22

·
Bronze member
1,768 Posts
Huh? Whah? Commander/Chief doesn't have much to do with this? You must mean Obama, Susan Rice, Soros and Hickory are to blame then if FJB isn't. Russia/Ukraine is a factor, but we shouldn't be feeling it as much as we are - that is due to policies (exec orders) signed in his first hour in office. Prices have been silly well before Ukraine started. Ukraine is a great distraction and narrative for this administration. Someone will say "follow the money" and I will suggest watching where the Green New Deal directs our money - China. "Buy electric" is what you're being told. Read the news and notice that we can't get batteries....NEVER MIND. Wasting time trying to explain it to you. Go back to sleep. They are playing chess here, be looking 3-4 plays ahead. Where is this going. WHY is this happening. It is not reactive.
Again, keeping opinions and false narratives out of this...

I went through the first 6 months of EOs for the current president and there wasn't a single order changing policy or directing a new policy regarding oil production. Don't have the time to go through them all, but please feel free to search for yourself.

I really wish more people would actually look for information on their own, instead of relying on dubious sources to inform their opinion.

Last, there is no "Green New Deal" other than a proposal. No laws have been enacted supporting that theory.

·
Founding member
2,378 Posts
Again, keeping opinions and false narratives out of this...

I went through the first 6 months of EOs for the current president and there wasn't a single order changing policy or directing a new policy regarding oil production. Don't have the time to go through them all, but please feel free to search for yourself.

I really wish more people would actually look for information on their own, instead of relying on dubious sources to inform their opinion.

Last, there is no "Green New Deal" other than a proposal. No laws have been enacted supporting that theory.
Well, you're no fun ... how can many here get their kicks out of whining and complaining about their situation and use three letter acronyms while blaming the President if they only look at facts/truth and not use opinions/conspiracies?

Maybe Hink could just have these type of threads auto redirect to the NSFW Gallery after the first political post?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just read an article that said the oil companies claim that cracking costs $55 a barrel, last year it was only $10.50 a barrel. Profits are way up for the oil companies this year. Interesting

101 - 120 of 198 Posts