Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS))
27 Posts
NOTE FROM HINK: This thread is almost impossible to extricate from politics. We have had one member banned for repeatedly violating this principle in this thread, and warning points handed out for personal attacks by others. If you cannot avoid politics or personal attacks, stay out of this thread.
———————————————————————+——-++

The sad “fact” is - we have more oil and gas under our feet than any country on earth.

This is a self inflicted wound.

Elections have consequences. Choose wisely….
This is true, we are exporting and selling what is here...

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." Emma Goldman

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
FYI. I just got my fuel purchase price from my supplier last night. Unleaded regular just took a 24.9 cents jump in the last 24 hours. Its now costing me $2.00 a gallon more then it was selling to the public for two years ago.

·
Bronze member
1,768 Posts
I've tried to keep as much left vs right politics out of this as possible. If the moderators feel this is too political I will understand if they wish to remove it. (y) Dean
As have I, since w all know how that can turn. I'm just saying politics has little to nothing to do with the prices of gas.

·
Bronze member
1,768 Posts
Political or just history and current events?

Many of the lands that were leased and not being used to produce were/are that way due to this administrations anti-fossil fuel policies (lets make it as difficult as possible to produce, transport and refine). Why invest the billions in building roads and oil wells AND go through the other red tape (getting local permits and cooperation to be able to transport, build roads, pipelines, rails, etc) so you can get it to market.
If this were true, why didn't the oil companies work those leases in the previous years when they surely had a more favorable administration? Always follow the money. For everything.

Reactions: Wharf Rat

·
Premium Member
'20 Challenger Limited | '17 RM Icon
79 Posts
If this were true, why didn't the oil companies work those leases in the previous years when they surely had a more favorable administration? Always follow the money. For everything.
See note about bundled television channels. Check out how the leases are bundled for bid.

·
Registered
2022 Indian chief dark horse bobber
25 Posts
This thread has got me thinking about when I got my drivers license and just a little before.In the late 50s gas was 9 to 12 cents a gallon.In the early to mid 60s gas was about 19 to 23 cents in 1970 gas went to 32 cents and then in 72 we had a gas shortage and gas went to over a dollar a gallon .The funny thing about this was at that time I worked at the newspaper in KC and watched a gas truck filling the storage tanks at a gas station that was closed down.
we now have ethanol in our gas kind of funny isn’t it. We are now wanting clean energy solar in the like so I wonder why gas has gone so high in the last 15 months.

·
Silver member
5,737 Posts
Just be glad our bikes don’t require baby formula to run. We would all be crying for sure.
If you need baby formula I hear tell there is plenty available at the southern border.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Really got whacked this afternoon. Roadmaster pretty low. Took $28.25 USD to fill it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Let’s go Brandon!
Aww, come on. Brandon doesn't have much to do with this. It's OPEC. And, BTW, I want to apologize for starting this mess. Usually I stay away from oil threads but never thought I'd have to steer clear of gasoline threads.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
1,125 Posts
I started “hoarding” baby formula back in February. I’m selling it on line for ridiculously high prices to “desperate” mothers so I can afford to buy $5.50 premium gas for my five motorcycles! (not political - just business)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Aww, come on. Brandon doesn't have much to do with this. It's OPEC. And, BTW, I want to apologize for starting this mess. Usually I stay away from oil threads but never thought I'd have to steer clear of gasoline threads.
Huh? Whah? Commander/Chief doesn't have much to do with this? You must mean Obama, Susan Rice, Soros and Hickory are to blame then if FJB isn't. Russia/Ukraine is a factor, but we shouldn't be feeling it as much as we are - that is due to policies (exec orders) signed in his first hour in office. Prices have been silly well before Ukraine started. Ukraine is a great distraction and narrative for this administration. Someone will say "follow the money" and I will suggest watching where the Green New Deal directs our money - China. "Buy electric" is what you're being told. Read the news and notice that we can't get batteries....NEVER MIND. Wasting time trying to explain it to you. Go back to sleep. They are playing chess here, be looking 3-4 plays ahead. Where is this going. WHY is this happening. It is not reactive.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Huh? Whah? Commander/Chief doesn't have much to do with this? You must mean Obama, Susan Rice, Soros and Hickory are to blame then if FJB isn't. Russia/Ukraine is a factor, but we shouldn't be feeling it as much as we are - that is due to policies (exec orders) signed in his first hour in office. Prices have been silly well before Ukraine started. Ukraine is a great distraction and narrative for this administration. Someone will say "follow the money" and I will suggest watching where the Green New Deal directs our money - China. "Buy electric" is what you're being told. Read the news and notice that we can't get batteries....NEVER MIND. Wasting time trying to explain it to you. Go back to sleep. They are playing chess here, be looking 3-4 plays ahead. Where is this going. WHY is this happening. It is not reactive.
He's also to blame for the worldwide gas increase in advanced countries as well correct?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
He's also to blame for the worldwide gas increase in advanced countries as well correct?
Doood. Stand back a bit and look at whats happening. Our energy dependence isn't tied to the the rest of the world. It's a narrative being pushed to get to their objective. The severity of this (in the USA) is directly the result of this admin's policies. Chess. Not checkers. Good night.

·
Bronze member
3,424 Posts
Get ready,alaska and gulf drilling leases have just been suspended.slowed down up here in nd.
If diesel doesnt hit 6 bucks,id be surprised.
My semi has been parked for 2 years,cant get it papered,now cant fill it.
Back to work pipe fitting,maybe ill retire in two years,if folks wise up.

81 - 100 of 198 Posts