Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Press Release: Indian Motorcycle Assurance/Warranty Program

2K views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  phoenix9 
G
#1 ·
<p align='center'>
<p align='center'>INDIAN MOTORCYCLE UNVEILS THE &lsquo;INDIAN MOTORCYCLE ASSURANCE PROGRAM&rsquo; &mdash; THE NEW BENCHMARK IN PREMIUM MOTORCYCLE OWNERSHIP, SERVICE AND SUPPORT

<p align='center'><em>Industry-leading Five-year Coverage, Trade-in Guarantees, Roadside Assistance and More Make Buying and Owning the all-new 2014 Indian Chief an Effortless Customer Experience</em>

MEDINA, Minn. &mdash; August 21, 2013 &mdash; In conjunction with the launch of its new 2014 Indian&reg; Chief&reg; platform, Indian Motorcycle&reg;, America&rsquo;s first motorcycle company, announced the &ldquo;Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program&rdquo; &mdash; a new standard for premium motorcycle ownership, service and support. The comprehensive program has been created to make purchasing, owning and riding the new 2014 Indian Chief motorcycles an approachable and effortless experience for new owners. The program complements the company&rsquo;s historic reveal of three all new 2014 models &mdash; the <a href='http://www.thevog.net/forum/85/polaris-indian-chief-classic/' target='_blank'>Indian Chief Classic</a>, the <a href='http://www.thevog.net/forum/86/polaris-indian-chief-vintage/' target='_blank'>Indian Chief Vintage</a>, and the <a href='http://www.thevog.net/forum/87/polaris-indian-chieftain/' target='_blank'>Indian Chieftain</a> &mdash; at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on August 3 in South Dakota.

The Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program offers riders the confidence and peace-of-mind they seek when buying a new vehicle. Backed by the financial, engineering, manufacturing and service resources of Indian Motorcycle parent company Polaris Industries, the new Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program consists of the following elements:

5 Years of Coverage
Indian Motorcycle&reg; backs every new Indian Motorcycle with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Coverage is subject to $50 deductible with no mileage limitation.

Fly & Ride
The Fly & Ride program encourages new owners to make buying and riding a new Indian Chief a memorable and rewarding experience. Buyers can fly to an Indian Motorcycle dealer on any commercial airline, ride their new bike home, and receive a $250 credit on their Indian Chief purchase.

Trade-in Confidence
Buy a new 2014 Indian Chief with the total confidence that comes from guaranteed trade-in values. Two years after purchase, owners can bank on a guaranteed trade-in value of 70 percent of original MSRP, and 60 percent trade-in value after three years.

Competitive Financing
Indian Motorcycle dealers across the country are offering competitive financing rates of 3.99% for 36 months, or 6.99% for 72 months. Rates are available now through the end of the 2013.

Roadside Assistance
New owners who purchase now through the end of 2013 receive a full year of roadside assistance coverage. Available services include emergency transport (up to 100 miles at no cost), pickup and delivery of your motorcycle (charges apply), fluids delivery, and jump starting services.

In addition to the Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program, there is a 24 hours a day, seven days a week Concierge Hotline available for Indian Motorcycle owners. New owners of an all-new 2014 Indian Chief motorcycle can buy and ride with confidence knowing service, support and assistance is a phone call away.

&ldquo;The Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program sets a new benchmark in the motorcycle industry for warranty coverage, service and support,&rdquo; said Polaris Vice President of Motorcycles, Steve Menneto. &ldquo;We&rsquo;re bringing choice to American motorcycling with three exceptional machines, and that choice is backed by a premium level of service and support that makes buying and owning a 2014 Indian Chief a truly enjoyable and effortless experience.&rdquo;

Availability
The full line of 2014 Indian Chief models are available for order now and will arrive in dealerships in September, along with an extensive array of apparel, parts and accessories. Indian Motorcycle demo rides are taking place at dealer events across the country now through the end of the year.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Cool !
I wish I had of known this before I bought mine, lol.
Just more reasons to look at the new Chiefs.
Polaris has definitly learned from the Victory experience, lets hope they step up their game now with the Vics for those sitting on the fence.

G
#4 ·
2827 said:
As a Victory owner, I'm feeling like the proverbial red headed step child. Why is Indian getting all this factory love and not Victory?
I imagine it is because of the money they have pumped into bringing Indian back and establishing a large customer base as soon as possible.

G
#6 ·
2827 said:
As a Victory owner, I'm feeling like the proverbial red headed step child. Why is Indian getting all this factory love and not Victory?
I suspect we're probably in line. But think of it like this, what are there, maybe a few hundred Indian bikes out there on the roads now compared to over 100,000 Vics? I think the Indians will sell lot hot cakes and they need to walk before they run with this '24 hr concierge' thing. Imagine if they rolled it out for Vics and got even 2X the call volume the predicted...bad news, pissed off customers, damaged reputation.
I hope it works out and both brands get a reputation for industry leading customer service. But I don't know, sounds like a nightmare to me. If a customer starts getting pinballed back and forth between a factory 800 line and the dealer, or worse yet the customer tries to get his way by telling each one the other said something they didn't and then goes crying all over facebook when they don't get their way...yeah, this could get ugly fast.

G
#7 ·
Well its a good program but $250.00 for air credit to ride is on the cheap side. Great pormo to bad they dont do the same with Victory. 60% trade in value wow. so a chieftain they will give you 13,800 after 3 years lol that to funny if there really only worth that much.

G
#8 ·
2 said:
In addition to the Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program, there is a 24 hours a day, seven days a week Concierge Hotline available for Indian Motorcycle owners. New owners of an all-new 2014 Indian Chief motorcycle can buy and ride with confidence knowing service, support and assistance is a phone call away.
I'm wondering if the Indian hotline is answered in India?

Instead of saying, Call your dealer, maybe they will say, Please consult your nearest Indian location for details that could address your concerns with a rapid response that will assuredly come at some point in the future.

G
#9 ·
680 said:
Well its a good program but $250.00 for air credit to ride is on the cheap  side. Great pormo to bad they dont do the same with Victory. 60% trade in value wow. so a chieftain they will give you 13,800 after 3 years lol that to funny if there really only worth that much.
What do you think it should be worth on trade? Remember, it's not retail price, it's what they will give you on trade, also known as wholesale.

G
#10 ·
680 said:
Well its a good program but $250.00 for air credit to ride is on the cheap side.
Remember, it's a 'one way' ticket, not round trip. $250 for a one way flight seems pretty damn good....unless you are expecting first class.
Phoenix to Chicago (more than half way across the Country, I can find more than a half dozen flights for $150-160. I have to go all the way to the east coast (Orlando-tourist destination) to get over $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.