Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I preordered last week and was told one benefit of doing this was that the preorders were coming in in October while normal delivery would be in December. Has anyone else been told this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't want to be debbie downer, but the Indian rep I spoke with at the dealership said no bikes delivered before December. I've been known to be wrong once or twice before :)...I hope I am this time. Putting on some miles in '14 would be awesome!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My dealer also told me not before December on my pre-order. I ordered mine on August 4

·
Registered
558 Posts
December here as well...

·
Registered
748 Posts
My Dealer told me 8 weeks - 3 weeks ago. I understand they are not building bikes yet so i would image December is closer to the truth.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
My Confirmation from Indian and the Dealer Both say December 2014 ..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My confirmation from Indian doesn't specify an eta date. I'm almost hoping it IS December so that I can drop another $1k down without having to do too much financial juggling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3 Dealers I spoke to yesterday all said December. One went into more detail and said pre-orders should get bikes in earlier December while the general release for non- preorders should be around by Christmas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think December is the official production release, and that Indian has told some dealers that they may be done as early as October. The first preorders will start trickling in at that point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our dealer said the end of October for pre-orders. I sure hope that's the case! Would love for it to arrive before the snow. ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
What fun would getting our new Scouts early? I mean come'on, you all don't like the anticipation? Why ride when you can dream about it all day.

;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ordered my on 09.05.14 - the Dealer said December - unlike many dealers, this dealer ONLY deals with Indian Motorcycles and none of the other Polaris line - e.g. Victory Motorcycles, Polaris Jet Ski, etc. - or anything else for that matter, strictly Indian Motorcycles. Maybe some of these other dealers are confusing the earlier dates with another product?

Anyway, if you get your Scout earlier, I will be happy for you. That means maybe mine will becoming earlier. :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just got off the phone with Indian of the Rockies (changed my pre-order to omit the bazooka Stage 1 pipes as I decided to hold out for the swept pipes) and the latest word is that the earliest pre-orders "could" start showing up at dealers as early as the end of this month. I doubt that I'm one of the earliest pre-orders as I didn't get mine in until August 20th, but hopefully you guys that ordered earlier will get your bikes really soon. Then again, take this with a grain of salt just in case the local dealership is blowing smoke. ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts