Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 RM and just installed a drivers backrest and seemed to have an additional female housing left over. I reconnected everything g and e everything is working bit want take sure I didnt forget something and was wonderring if the bike is pre wired for another option. Of course to get the seat off everything needs to come off, tour pack and saddle bags

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just installed a Russell Daylong seat on my 18 RM and wondered the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
944 Posts
If Indian installs the same harness on all chiefs it most likely is the connector for the trunk.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the trunk and its all connected, so I'm thinking it's something else. Like I said it's a 2 prong female adapter, not sure what it's for.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Is the extra plug something that you unplugged and now seems homeless, or is it something that was already there and not connected?

The heated seat connector has black and blue wires, and the battery tender connector has black and gray wires. It might be one of those.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is plugged in and working so I guess it was already there but didnt notice until I was reinstalling the seat.

·
Bronze member
2,703 Posts
Not sure what it’s for, but I think there is an unused female plug under the seat of my RM, if I recall. The only thing to plug/unplug on the RM seat is the wiring harness for the trunk and the heated seat plug.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the extra plug something that you unplugged and now seems homeless, or is it something that was already there and not connected?

The heated seat connector has black and blue wires, and the battery tender connector has black and gray wires. It might be one of those.
Heaters work, I tried both drivers and passengers.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
it is switched 12v power for the addition of the saddlebag speaker kit, and can also be used for the Admore light bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts