Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check your oil, brake fluid and tire pressure before riding.Following the procedure in the manual I found the oil was well below the add line , tire pressure way off. So much for dealer prep. Was warm in Western Pa today (50degrees) got about 52 miles on it .

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Yup, my tires were both soft, about 25 psi each after I took delivery two months ago. Supposed to be 36 and 40 psi. respectively. Think I'll check them again right now!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Please check your oil, brake fluid and tire pressure before riding.Following the procedure in the manual I found the oil was well below the add line , tire pressure way off. So much for dealer prep. Was warm in Western Pa today (50degrees) got about 52 miles on it .
Where are you in PA I just got back too

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This a thing you do every other day as a standard & all ways after a service check over every thing you can NOT trust other people with your life???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This a thing you do every other day as a standard & all ways after a service check over every thing you can NOT trust other people with your life???
Amen to that. Thats why I have been doing all my own mechanical and service work on my cars/bikes for the last 30 years. Dont get on it until I do my check list.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Checked Most Everything Before Left the Dealer Lot even got a couple strange looks although the Service Manager said Find anything let me know quick, I said don't worry I will .. Tires might have been 1or 2 lbs low but wasn't too concerned about that, now if was 5-6 lbs or more would have spoke up .. Still Wish had better visibility on the Coolant Level but learning to live with that ..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Still Wish had better visibility on the Coolant Level but learning to live with that ..
Same issue for me Jay. I gained a little better visibility by removing my seat and shining my LED flashlight through top of container angling downward.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My battery was dead when it arrived to CO with the shipping guy. I had to charge for one hour. Things happen, but I was just as excited when I rode home. Tires & oil were fine, many years of riding made it a norm for me to check. Good post to remind others.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same issue for me Jay. I gained a little better visibility by removing my seat and shining my LED flashlight through top of container angling downward.
It helps to do it in low light increases visibility...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts