Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the touchy throttle like some of the reviews (previews) said. Or maybe I'm just too in love to notice.

There's a nice little heat shield on the pipes. Just a piece of chrome that goes right on top of the pipes, hardly noticeable. When parked to get gas, you can see the heatwaves in the shadow next to the bikes. These things still get pretty hot, and they creak and moan in a sexy sort of way when you park.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't have the touchy throttle like some of the reviews (previews) said. Or maybe I'm just too in love to notice.

There's a nice little heat shield on the pipes. Just a piece of chrome that goes right on top of the pipes, hardly noticeable. When parked to get gas, you can see the heatwaves in the shadow next to the bikes. These things still get pretty hot, and they creak and moan in a sexy sort of way when you park.
Thats love it is warming up to you

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wonder if they retarded the ignition timing in the first several gears in order to make the power delivery more manageable. That's a pretty common technique in sport bikes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I wonder if they retarded the ignition timing in the first several gears in order to make the power delivery more manageable. That's a pretty common technique in sport bikes.
The wonders of modern technology!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
On my test ride which was mostly on city streets and a lot of traffic. I found it a bit of a problem to know which gear I was in. I was watching the tachometer, hard to see, to help. The engine vibrations, so low, made it hard to tell.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I'll be curious to see if the digital tach still lags behind?? Owners??

·
Registered
558 Posts
On my test ride which was mostly on city streets and a lot of traffic. I found it a bit of a problem to know which gear I was in. I was watching the tachometer, hard to see, to help. The engine vibrations, so low, made it hard to tell.
Eh... Nope, not gonna say it... :D

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I'll be curious to see if the digital tach still lags behind?? Owners??
No lag that I can tell, but then how can you really tell unless you hook up a stand alone tach, just sayin :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts