Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
classic2t.jpg
2014 Indian Chief Classic
Motorcycle enthusiasts have been showering praise on the revived Indian brand, and the 2014 Indian Chief Classic is no exception.

The Wall Street Journal called it “fantastic” and “a great overland bike.” Motorcycle USA said, “With the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage, Polaris has done an admirable job of combining the classic and contemporary.”

The stunning new cruiser is a big bruiser with a 68.1-inch wheelbase underlying a 103.5-inch bike — a full 9 inches longer than a comparable Harley Softail.

The larger size is matched with a two-cylinder, 18-liter engine that brings home an estimated 35 miles per gallon (combined) for about 190 miles in between fill-ups for long trips and ground shaking torque.

America’s oldest motorcycle brand will turn heads in iconic Indian style with an innovative aluminum frame with integrated intake a leather seat, mirror-chromed steel headlamp and tech upgrades such as anti-lock brakes, cruise control, LED lighting and keyless ignition.

All that for about 28 percent less than the 2013 Indian Chief sold for.

MSRP: $18,999

Source: http://www.heraldnews.com/article/20140403/NEWS/140408482/2002/LIFESTYLE

Attachments

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I think I will wait for a couple of years to see if.....

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
Nice to revive an old thread. What am I missing? The 111 CI engine is 1818.96 CC's.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
In October 2013 and Polaris only had something like a hundred plus dealerships throughout the United States. Some of my better friends raised an eyebrow when I started telling them that I was going to buy a Chieftain the first of the year in 2014. They had a fairly valid argument that even with Polaris money backing Indian, that was just too few dealerships for the brand to get a real foothold and it would end up being like all the other attempts to revive the Indian motorcycle, sort of a flash in the pan with a lot of what ifs and could have beens. Now even a couple of my most skeptical Harley Davidson riding pals admit that it looks like this is the real deal. It's all good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts