Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum, bought my 2018 Indian Scout Bobber back in November, love it.

I've installed a PowerCommander 5 to the bike, and I'm currently running with a S&S air intake, and Stage 1 pipes. I've played around with a few maps taken directly from the Power Commander website, and can't seem to find one that suits the bike perfectly.

Just wondering if anyone can advise on what they are running with for a similar setup? I know running it on a Dyno is the best way to go but here in New Zealand i've found them quite costly.

Pic of the bike attached.

Cheers
Will

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
He
Hi All,

New to the forum, bought my 2018 Indian Scout Bobber back in November, love it.

I've installed a PowerCommander 5 to the bike, and I'm currently running with a S&S air intake, and Stage 1 pipes. I've played around with a few maps taken directly from the Power Commander website, and can't seem to find one that suits the bike perfectly.

Just wondering if anyone can advise on what they are running with for a similar setup? I know running it on a Dyno is the best way to go but here in New Zealand i've found them quite costly.

Pic of the bike attached.

Cheers
Will
Hey, Welcome to the community. This site is excellent for cutting through all the crap and getting straight to what works. I installed a Trask air intake and V&H grenades full system exhaust. I am using the DynoJet PV CX. I also could not find my exact "tune" and have tested a few out. I eventually sent an email to DynoJet tech department explaining every detail of what bike and what mods I had done. Within 2 days I received a "custom tune" for the bike, which I have still been using. Best of luck, and any additional information you get please keep us all posted.

·
Rider
1,237 Posts
I've played around with a few maps taken directly from the Power Commander website, and can't seem to find one that suits the bike perfectly.

Cheers
Will
Will, quick question: what are you using to justify not finding a tune that suits your bike perfectly?

You using the good ol “butt dyno”, or are you logging the pulls?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate for the response. I’ll give the guys an email and see if they can do me and ‘tune’ like you said.

Will

He

Hey, Welcome to the community. This site is excellent for cutting through all the crap and getting straight to what works. I installed a Trask air intake and V&H grenades full system exhaust. I am using the DynoJet PV CX. I also could not find my exact "tune" and have tested a few out. I eventually sent an email to DynoJet tech department explaining every detail of what bike and what mods I had done. Within 2 days I received a "custom tune" for the bike, which I have still been using. Best of luck, and any additional information you get please keep us all posted.
ks ma

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will, quick question: what are you using to justify not finding a tune that suits your bike perfectly?

You using the good ol “butt dyno”, or are you logging the pulls?
I’m just going off the feel of the bike, at different aspects of when I’m riding. I’ve tried a few things and compared to my dads Indian scout and his feels way more powerful and torquey than mine.

·
Rider
1,237 Posts
I’m just going off the feel of the bike, at different aspects of when I’m riding. I’ve tried a few things and compared to my dads Indian scout and his feels way more powerful and torquey than mine.
Never been a fan of the “butt dyno” - I’m more of a graph and numbers guy...

Best thing is to get a custom map sent you, as it appears you may do soon...

Get some logs in and send them back to the tuner so they can tweak it to perfection :)

Reactions: whburdon
1 - 6 of 6 Posts