Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of cool products here. I really like that rear fender hugger. Will it really do what it claims or only half?

Silver member
This their claim: "Powerbronze Huggers are designed to enhance the look of your bike while offering the practical advantage of reduced spray over the rear end of your machine."

Will it really do what it claims or only half?

Only half. It will reduce spray over the rear end, but enhance the look?馃

Rider
Without the possum scraper this rear fender hugger will do f**k all to prevent you getting spray and dirt chucked all over the back of you and the machine. I have a rack fitted and no scraper and the only way to prevent getting crud covered was to board it. This comes nowhere close to doing what it says, it should read "Offering the paltry and non functional advantage of reducing a little spray on the underside of your fuel tank, but it may appeal to a few for aesthetics purposes only?"

Rider
To justify and quantify my last post.... Also apologies if it seemed like a bit of a rant. Been rooting about for a picture. Below is a picture of my rear wheel taken viewed through the rack before I boarded it. How much sh1te do you think adding to my scenario a Powerbronze Hugger or any hugger indeed would actually prevent from being thrown up on the back of my jacket or my bike? I got really fed up with it to be honest but a hugger is most certainly not the answer. I do however like the look of it but will not be trotting off to buy one personally. No I don't do dirt very well! 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
To justify and quantify my last post.... Also apologies if it seemed like a bit of a rant. Been rooting about for a picture. Below is a picture of my rear wheel taken viewed through the rack before I boarded it. How much sh1te do you think adding to my scenario a Powerbronze Hugger or any hugger indeed would actually prevent from being thrown up on the back of my jacket or my bike? I got really fed up with it to be honest but a hugger is most certainly not the answer. I do however like the look of it but will not be trotting off to buy one personally. No I don't do dirt very well! 馃槈

View attachment 583297

View attachment 583298
Is that custom or bought somewhere?

Rider
Hi Techno Bobber,

I made it out of GRP, 1.25" tap washers, stainless bolts and caps. The grips came from scrapped patient trolleys at the hospital where I work. As the FTR is often used for commuting sometimes in inclement weather (if I get caught out) and the rack gets good usage I got sick and tired of the dirt and grime the rear of my jacket and bike got plastered with. The boarding works a treat.

Registered
I would really like to see the result of this hugger. The protection of the shock absorber would already be a good point.
I also wonder if the eliminator would be efficient, the plate location seems quite far so it could provide a good protection.
I've extended the original rear fender, better but not enough. I had yo stop my tests due to covid... But I'm really interested by these products.
Anyway, it also has to be compatible with the side rack bag and passenger grab handle...

Rider
Shock absorber protectors are available in abundance from 拢3 upwards. You just need to measure up and get the right one. Example below. If your wife/partner has a sewing machine hell she could run you one up at no cost at all. You wouldn't have to worry about compatibility with anything else.

Rider
Without the possum scraper this rear fender hugger will do f**k all to prevent you getting spray and dirt chucked all over the back of you and the machine. I have a rack fitted and no scraper and the only way to prevent getting crud covered was to board it. This comes nowhere close to doing what it says, it should read "Offering the paltry and non functional advantage of reducing a little spray on the underside of your fuel tank, but it may appeal to a few for aesthetics purposes only?"
馃槀馃槀

Rider
Lots of cool products here. I really like that rear fender hugger. Will it really do what it claims or only half?
View attachment 583283
I like the looks of this product:

Registered
I've got a hugger on my Hornet and quite like the look of it.
but this one, it's hard to tell from the angle of the shot I'd really want to see a full side view of the bike before I decide if i like it or not

Rider
I've got a hugger on my Hornet and quite like the look of it.
but this one, it's hard to tell from the angle of the shot I'd really want to see a full side view of the bike before I decide if i like it or not
I liked the price, especially in comparison to the factory accessories...

Diamond member
That hugger is a looks only thing. It will only keep the under tail cleaner. It will do nothing that the factory one does..
If your removed it, and have this hugger, you will be just as wet...

Rider
I liked the price, especially in comparison to the factory accessories...
But it doesn't actually do anything.....

Hatt鈥︹.^^^ + 1 From first hand experience. Spend the money on anything else that is proven to be functional rather than purely decorative.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts