Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of 5.25 power band speakers on eBay. Got them from an Indian dealer with a store. Right off the bat the fitment was tricky. Seemed like they were not quite the right size, but close enough that I could mush them in and at least get some of the button head screws lined up.
Once in I turned on the bike. No mention of powerband on screen. No mention of powerband on the equalizer.

What did I screw up?

·
Bronze member
3,961 Posts
I bought a pair of 5.25 power band speakers on eBay. Got them from an Indian dealer with a store. Right off the bat the fitment was tricky. Seemed like they were not quite the right size, but close enough that I could mush them in and at least get some of the button head screws lined up.
Once in I turned on the bike. No mention of powerband on screen. No mention of powerband on the equalizer.

What did I screw up?
Powerband speakers only work with 2019 and later bikes. There is also 4 connections that go to the speaker on the Powerband bikes.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Powerband speakers only work with 2019 and later bikes. There is also 4 connections that go to the speaker on the Powerband bikes.
Well I have a 2019 and the connector in my fairing is the perfect match to the speakers that I have.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
check the part numbers... you either got a set of Chinese knock offs... or a set for the tour pack.. if they didn't fit right to start with I would bet they are for the tour pack..

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check the part numbers... you either got a set of Chinese knock offs... or a set for the tour pack.. if they didn't fit right to start with I would bet they are for the tour pack..
I posted a picture of the part number. The box has the correct part number, but the speakers themselves have something else on them. Also the box states country of origin to be China where the speakers are labeled USA.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here’s the speakers I got vs the stock photo. Can’t tell if that’s a camera trick or the center is actually supposed to have a chrome ring.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they’re the wrong speakers.

·
Registered
107 Posts

What did I screw up?
Update to the latest (July 2020) Ride Command software. If that doesnt work, take it to the dealer. They installed my speakers but i dont know what else they did vcm or ecm wise.

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
I think they’re the wrong speakers.
what's the part number on the box?... front speakers are 2883926 which also are the rear speakers for the Roadmaster… but the add on quick release trunk for the Chieftain has a part number of 2883927... don't know what the difference would be.. but I believe you are right in that they are the wrong speakers... to add a little intrigue to this the part number for the Challenger is 4017741 which is the 6.5" upgrade... the number on your speaker is 4017740 which I cannot find... so with a little deduction you received factory 5.25 speakers that come standard on the base Challenger these will not go to 9 band or add the extra 30% power.. sorry but if true you got hosed

Reactions: TechRider

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what's the part number on the box?... front speakers are 2883926 which also are the rear speakers for the Roadmaster… but the add on quick release trunk for the Chieftain has a part number of 2883927... don't know what the difference would be.. but I believe you are right in that they are the wrong speakers... to add a little intrigue to this the part number for the Challenger is 4017741 which is the 6.5" upgrade... the number on your speaker is 4017740 which I cannot find... so with a little deduction you received factory 5.25 speakers that come standard on the base Challenger these will not go to 9 band or add the extra 30% power.. sorry but if true you got hosed
this is a very well thought out post and you may be dead on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts