Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on indians web site that the PowerBar 6.5 speakers are down to 599 instead of the 850.00 and you get 75.00 off right now, I think there the 100 watt per channel ones correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking of ordering them for my challenger limited

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
The believe the Powerband 6.5" speakers that are installed in the Challenger Limited model fairing are 100-watts each (200-watts total combind), and the 6.5" Powerband speakers that you can purchase and are mounted in the saddlebags that also have their own power supply unit (mounted under fairing) are 100-watts each as well with an independent amp built into each of the two separate speakers.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
There seems to be 3 levels of fairing speakers.

Level 1 = Base 5.25" 50w Speakers
Level 2 = Limited 6.5" 50w Speakers
Level 3 = Powerband 6.5" 100w Speakers - These unlock the 9 band eq

The limited comes with Tag 1, the base comes with Tag 2. I'm not sure on the Darkhorse.

Edit: It looks like the Darkhorse comes with the Level 2 speakers. (As I've listed the levels)

Reactions: HERK and Gman1

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't you still have to get the saddlebag lids, the speaker grilles, and connector kit? Does it still come out to approx. $1500? let me know if there's a killer deal out there.. If so, i'm buying..

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
No, there's an upgrade for just the fairing audio. 50w -> 100w speakers. The system detects when they're installed and "enables" powerband and the eq goes from 5 to 9. You can also add the saddlebag audio but you have to install another amp for that. Here's the directions for the saddlebag audio: https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalasse...ger-limited/2883924_9928789r02.pdf?v=794ac679

If you get the Indian trunk, the speakers are powered by the primary amp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
got it.. I was referring to the full upgrade that included the saddlebag speakers and 2nd amp setup.. Yes, the fairing mount upgrade is a simple plug and play speaker swap. That's not a bad option. I may want to do that instead..

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
There was another thread where someone said if they could do it over they'd just do the fairing upgrade. I think it'd be good to get feedback from those who have done one or both. You can get to a total of 6 speakers if you wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the full Indian audio upgrade on my Dark Horse with the only exception being the 100 watt speakers in the fairing and it still blows your face off with excellent sound and volume.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the Powerband 6.5" speakers in my challenger base. Big difference, glad I did it. $567 very easy install. Bob Segar "Roll me Away". That's what I'm talking about! Bob Segar wore an Indian shirt when I saw him in Des Moines last year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they 100 watts each total 200 watts on my limited there 100 watts total, 50 watts each

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are they 100 watts each total 200 watts on my limited there 100 watts total, 50 watts each
According to techrider
There seems to be 3 levels of fairing speakers.

Level 1 = Base 5.25" 50w Speakers
Level 2 = Limited 6.5" 50w Speakers
Level 3 = Powerband 6.5" 100w Speakers - These unlock the 9 band eq

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
792 Posts
The specs say the factory limited are 50w each, powerbad are 100w each. From what I understand the powerband speakers have mini amps in each one which is the reason for the 4 pin connector. Speaker +/- and power +/-.

Reactions: Jackson01

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered the power band speakers for my limited for the fairing from my dealer 525.00 alot better than the old price of 850, hope they are worth it and I get a noticeable difference in sound

·
Bronze member
1,355 Posts
Just ordered the power band speakers for my limited for the fairing from my dealer 525.00 alot better than the old price of 850, hope they are worth it and I get a noticeable difference in sound
You definitely will be happy with this upgrade. Huge increase in the sound quality and loudness. I can ride at 85 all day with my volume set at 2.....and that's with cat delete and TAB zombie inserts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just installed my powerband 6.5 in my challenger limited, they sound great in the garage didn't have a chance to take it out raining all day, when I opened them up they don't look or feel any different than what was in there but on my screen it does say power band audio and 100 watts each speaker, I got the 9 band equalizer but I don't see the loudness button anywhere, glad I didn't spend 850 on these I don't even think there worth the 525 that I paid I guess there better than what came with the limited, the real test will be when I take it for a ride, don't get me wrong they are louder but not 525 bucks louder

·
Rider
942 Posts
Just installed my powerband 6.5 in my challenger limited, they sound great in the garage didn't have a chance to take it out raining all day, when I opened them up they don't look or feel any different than what was in there but on my screen it does say power band audio and 100 watts each speaker, I got the 9 band equalizer but I don't see the loudness button anywhere, glad I didn't spend 850 on these I don't even think there worth the 525 that I paid I guess there better than what came with the limited, the real test will be when I take it for a ride, don't get me wrong they are louder but not 525 bucks louder
Yeah they werent worth it with the powerband upgrade on my Chieftain either
Louder yes but high quality audio not even close and the cost is astronomical

1 - 17 of 17 Posts