Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power windshield on my 2018 RM failed at 4k miles. Took it to the dealer, under warranty, and they said it needed a new electric motor which is on backorder. Apparently a lot of these are failing and Indian is attempting to fix the issue. Anyone else have this issue or have any information about this?

·
Bronze member
1,997 Posts
Sorry about your problem, but I dare say that there are not "a lot of them failing." In fact, you are the first I have heard, although there may be others out there that don't post. Hope they get the part soon.

·
Registered
613 Posts
First I've heard of it. New to the Roadmaster, but so far, so good. Getting close to 1000 miles in! Mine is a 2019.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about your problem, but I dare say that there are not "a lot of them failing." In fact, you are the first I have heard, although there may be others out there that don't post. Hope they get the part soon.
Just reporting what the dealer said about the issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The power windshield on my 2018 RM failed at 4k miles. Took it to the dealer, under warranty, and they said it needed a new electric motor which is on backorder. Apparently a lot of these are failing and Indian is attempting to fix the issue. Anyone else have this issue or have any information about this?
I have a 2015 and mine failed sometime in 2016. Dealer replaced the motor and have had no issues since.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a 17RM. It hasn't failed yet but on 3 different occasions it did stop working while riding. Each time if I turned the bike off and back on it would work again. Never have been able to figure out what went wrong and it's hard to trouble shoot when it only happens on rare occasions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine failed on 2019 Chieftain with 3500 miles. Required new motor and long screw. It took about 2 weeks to get the part and then 1.5 hours to fix. Under warranty, now it seems to work fine. However, I now try and keep the shield either up or down as much as possible-just worried it will fail again with too much use.

·
Registered
RM2018 RM2020
15 Posts
We have the same issue on a 2018 RM The motor is turning the screw shaft but the plastic in the lever arm is damaged and the parts from the treat are in the bottom of the shaft housing

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine got stuck n my 2015 a couple of years ago after standing overnight in the rain. I was booked in the dealership for a service a week later but a service has to be completed in a fixed time at that dealership and they couldn’t trace it in the time they’d allotted. It was suggested I book it in for them to look into it but I had a look myself armed with a volt meter. It’s quite a job getting the faring apart and I couldn’t find a fault but when I got it all back together the screen was working again and has been fine for two years now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts