Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Power Vision CX - Wow!

11K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  sandspur_ 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a PV-CX for my 2015 Roadmaster from Fuel Moto. Those guys are absolutely awesome and do they know how to tune! I had the PCV installed and ran a few different maps but none of them ran like this tune I got from Fuel Moto.

It took me forever to uninstall the PCV, it was more difficult taking it out than installing it. I felt like a surgeon removing a alien parasite that wrapped itself around the spine of a human body. Total PITA!

Anyway, flashing the ECU was a cake walk. The bike fired right up and I could hear the difference immediately. This didn't surprise me too much because I have the Stage 2 cams installed and the stock tune sounded different than the canned maps I used from Power Commander V.

The test run put a smile on my face. Throttle response is quick and snappy and feels like a cable type throttle. 2nd gear acceleration is insane! I would warn the faint at heart to not roll too heavy on the throttle in 2nd while in a turn...the rear tire breaks freely. The engine never stopped pulling hard straight to 5500 RPM. I didn't push it harder than that as I know the limits can be raised but have not verified if the tune I have does in fact raise the RPM limit.

I am very happy with this product and the tune I received from the Fuel Moto guys. Their customer service is top notch as well.

See less See more
#8 ·
Amazing device. Have a pretty decent understanding of the mechanics of an I/c engine but never fully realized how Important the electronics
The Power Vision does make Tuning Simpler and Easier to Understand, but there are still times I say God Bless my Carbed Bike .. Only Electronics on it are the Ignition and Speedometer ..

#7 ·
Happy to read this. Bought the CX this winter for my 15 RM when they were on sale. Got the bike flashed, but have been under record snow and ice since. The driveway finally thawed this week and should hit 40s this weekend. Looking forward to getting out tomorrow and feel the difference firsthand.

#9 ·
What did you have to do when removing the PCV? I purchased a used 2014 Classic with the PCV installed with Dyno tune. Now I have the CX. Did you need to reinstall the exhaust O2 sensors. My bike has Freedom True Duals and 4" slip one. Just want to know how much work I'm in for!

Thanks!,

#12 ·
What is the Appropriate MAP is the Key .. Also My A/F Ratio sure as Hell is not 14.7 or would have just left my Bike Stock .. Is more like a steady 13.6 and still getting 45-48 MPG .. Didn't really have a big problem with Modern ECU's as you call them until they stuck CANBUS in there .. But can live with it on my Scout .. Thank God Victory didn't go that route until 2013-2014 so my 2012 is safe from it ..

#14 ·
Nothing wrong with 14.7:1 for certain conditions...light load cruising and idle for example. On our bikes, that is how you tell the ECU to stay in Close Loop. You certainly would not want a straight out 14.7:1 in all the cells. You tune for the best performance depending on RPM and Load.

I like CAN BUS, but to each their own!

#15 ·
Better Word for CANBUS is Tattletale .. Tells every time you redline , drop the bike, etc.. And defies all the Electronics Knowledge I learned over a lot of years, try adding LED lights like you would normally on any other Bike without CANBUS .. Will be having fun doing so ..

#16 ·
Better Word for CANBUS is Tattletale .. Tells every time you redline , drop the bike, etc.. And defies all the Electronics Knowledge I learned over a lot of years, try adding LED lights like you would normally on any other Bike without CANBUS .. Will be having fun doing so ..
It is that. My mechanic asked me how the bike handled at 110mph. My jaw hit the ground. Then said, you aren't supposed to put the bike in gear with the kickstand down. It is a tattletale to the max.:rolleyes:

#18 ·
well now.... with the pcvx does the tattle tail tell you everything? not being sarcastic, asking a question
Honestly I don't know if the PVCX is capable of this , I doubt it, but when the ECU is hooked to the Dealership Analysis Machine It Tells All .. Why my Warranty was denied to begin with on the Scout .. Had been Redlined several times because had been Dyno Tuned and showed evidence of being tuned by a PCV because of the Lower Air/ Fuel Ratio , Showed every Code that had been thrown and that it had been dropped .. ( Because of the Wimpy Kickstand not aware of when first bought it ) And that's why I don't like CANBUS as well as the fact have to rethink electrics all over again the way it's designed ..

#19 ·
Is there a way to hack or jail break into the memory of this Canbus animal to erase memory and leave no trace that it was erased?Why is this system not disclosed in the owners manual?Seems like a form of illegal search and seizure!Do all new vehicles have this capability!

#23 ·
Just posting for clarification. The ECU and perhaps the VCM are the units that record all this info. The CAN Bus is simply the communication network that the devices use to talk to each other.

Car and Motorcycle ECU's have been logging this type of data for many years. With this said, I do not remember signing an agreement that allows Polaris or their representatives the right to read this data. I personally think it is a violation if they use this data against you. They are the ones that set the Rev and Speed limits. If banging on these limits are a cause for warranty denial, the they as a manufacture should lower the limits. That is the whole purpose of a Rev Limit...to limit RPM to safe levels.

If a dealer made a comment about kickstand error code to me..I would tell him to pound sand...I was testing the safety feature to insure it worked. I've thrown codes on purpose, just to make sure it worked as expected and cleared as expected. None of their business, I did not buy my bike for them to be my nanny.

Sounds like Polaris and/or certain dealers are going way past what I consider acceptable.

#24 ·
If you want to see a true nanny then check out a Can-Am Spyder. That thing would get some that know what they are doing KILLED. It will chop the throttle right when you need all you can get in some cases. But they consider it for your safety. And in most cases they'd be right. It gets to be a problem when you know exactly what you are doing. Just my opinion though. For some reason they think if one of those front wheels come off the ground it's time to panic and shut everything down. Just how else is anyone supposed to have fun.:rolleyes:;):D

#25 ·
Has anyone experienced or heard of anyone getting denied a warranty claim because of a PVCX? I asked FM not to raise the Rev or the speed limiter anyways. If I cared about that, I would have kept my GSXR750

#26 ·
At the Beginning my Warranty was denied by the Dealership, because had been Tuned by a PCV .. Although later was Approved by Higher Ups when Recalls for the ECM came out and closer inspection showed more likely the Piston itself was Defective..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Has anyone experienced or heard of anyone getting denied a warranty claim because of a PVCX? I asked FM not to raise the Rev or the speed limiter anyways. If I cared about that, I would have kept my GSXR750
At the Beginning my Warranty was denied by the Dealership, because had been Tuned by a PCV .. Although later was Approved by Higher Ups when Recalls for the ECM came out and closer inspection showed more likely the Piston itself was Defective..
There are hundreds of threads and accounts about this issue. The law is pretty clear and precedents have been set regarding modifying your vehicle. If you read the Owner's Manual and the Warranty information, it will clearly tell you that if you even so much as look at your motorcycle in a way not specifically allowed by Polaris, your Warranty is void. Ok, I'm exaggerating but not by much! Even installing aftermarket mufflers will technically void your warranty according to their policy. We all know that in practice, that's not the case.

In truth and legal practice, (I'm not a lawyer), claims have been denied for altering vehicles but the courts have set a precedent that if a manufacturer denies a claim due to aftermarket alterations, it is incumbent upon them to prove that the alteration caused the failure. Because that is often very difficult or sometimes impossible to do, most claims are honored.

For example, I was told implicitly by Polaris (through my dealership) that if I made ANY changes to the audio system including changing the speakers to something that was not stock, it would void my warranty. This was their response to my inquiry regarding the impedance rating of the radio amplifier. They can make that claim but in truth, if I had an issue with the radio after changing the speakers, they would need to show that the speakers I installed, which were the same size and impedance as the stock speakers, somehow caused the failure. That is not possible.

In the end, it generally costs them less in terms of money and customer satisfaction ratings to just honor the claim. Having said that, if you have an issue, you need to take it up the ladder. Don't take the word of the dealership. Also, returning the motorcycle to the stock configuration as best you can in regards to the particular issue will help avoid any delays and arguments. In other words, if I did not know and trust my dealership, I would replace the stock speaker before bringing the motorcycle in for a radio warranty claim.

Regarding the PVCX, return to the stock tune before letting the dealer reflash your ECU. I do not believe that they can tell what was flashed to the ECU after it is erased and rewritten. They jury appears to still be out on this issue. Maybe CraigB1960 can shed some light on this.

#28 ·
Well hell if I know what's not covered if using the PVCX but I received it on Friday and an hour later Brian from FM sent me the stock and there map. Just started it in the garage and could tell immediately by the throttle it was different & also sounded a bit beefier. Had the chance to take it out today and no doubt it took off with no delay. Not hot enough out today to see if it runs any cooler but very happy so far. Very easy setup and FM was top notch!

#29 ·
good info Jay! a tuner that need not be wired in is a plus for sure, saving installation costs makes the final cost less, + if FM tunes are really that good the need for a dyno tunes are gone unless you want ultimate power. todays cars gather more info than many realise + dealers can tell if they have been "tuned" even when returned to stock. as electronics get more sophisticated their capabilities increase + prolly anything ride-by-wire is well on the way there!!

#31 ·
I've only got an hour of saddle time on my PVCX/FuelMoto tune. Running Indian AC with stock pipes (soon to be "unplugged").

WOW...is really the only word. My Chieftain *leaps* forward with a twist of the throttle. All the torque they sucked out of the engine with that last recall flash is back...plus some.

The bike feels so much quicker and responsive...it is intoxicating ;-)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.