Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ordered mine. With discount it was $320.36 + $10.01 shipping = $330.37 total. I am happy to give FM my business. So far, they have been very supportive of this site.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ordered mine. With discount it was $320.36 + $10.01 shipping = $330.37 total. I am happy to give FM my business. So far, they have been very supportive of this site.
Jumped on that deal also. Too good to pass up!

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
I missed it. I bought on Tuesday. [banghead] Truly a great deal.

·
Registered
839 Posts
On the bright side, I bet you'll get your's allot sooner than I will. They are most likely about to be swamped for a few days. And,,,,,,,, I bet you got free shipping as well. On top of that, you can use your's right away where you're at. Me, it will be at least five months before my riding season starts back up. Post up your results, all I can do now is read and dream. Dave

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Mine was just delivered and email sent back to fuel moto

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,809 Posts
Don't knock yourself out. You will be so happy you'll say if it was twice the price you paid it would be worth it. Really.:D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mine was just delivered and email sent back to fuel moto
Please clarify the purpose of the email. Are you telling them your setup in the email so they can send you the correct map? I ordered today form Fuelmoto and as part of the order form I explained my mods to the bike, thinking this was so the correct map could be pre-loaded on the PVCX. Am I wrong in assuming that and do I still need to email Fuelmoto to request the correct map file be emailed to me. Thanks

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Don't knock yourself out. You will be so happy you'll say if it was twice the price you paid it would be worth it. Really.:D
I know. I just got the unit and emailed my details to them. :cool:

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Please clarify the purpose of the email. Are you telling them your setup in the email so they can send you the correct map? I ordered today form Fuelmoto and as part of the order form I explained my mods to the bike, thinking this was so the correct map could be pre-loaded on the PVCX. Am I wrong in assuming that and do I still need to email Fuelmoto to request the correct map file be emailed to me. Thanks
Yes, I followed the directions included with the unit. I believe they need the ECU info that you send them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Still getting familiar with my RM and the difference systems. So this works with the OEM ECM? I'm familiar with uploading tunes via Power Commander SW. But its connected to a Power Commander Module mounted to the factory HD ECM (2006 model.) The Indian doesn't require a piggy back module or aftermarket ECM? The Power Vision CX makes changes to the factory ECM?

·
Silver member
4,635 Posts
The Power Vision CX makes changes to the factory ECM?
Yes.
Copy the calibration tune to the PVCX (looks like a USB drive when connected to a PC). Connect the PVCX to your bike via the diagnostic connector, select the desired calibration tune file to flash, when done flashing, disconnect the PVCX. Takes about 7 minutes to flash the bike's ECU.

·
Registered
308 Posts
When you receive your PVCX you need to plug it into the diagnostic port on your Indian so the PVCX can read your ECU the tune cmp and other details will be displayed on the screen of the the PVCX take a photo of the information displayed on the screen with your phone camera and email the photo of the screen info and your setup ( pipes a/c etc ) to Fuelmoto they will email you the correct .stk and .djt maps for your bike, you download the maps from your PC to the PVCX then you plug your PVCX into your Indian and marrie it to your bike then flash the .stk map first then the .djt map to you bikes ECU it takes about 7 min to flash each map, full instructions are from Fuelmoto, the .stk map is the stock map and the .djt map is the performance map, in the future Dynojet will have the .stk maps already loaded on the PVCX.

·
Registered
713 Posts
When you receive your PVCX you need to plug it into the diagnostic port on your Indian so the PVCX can read your ECU the tune cmp and other details will be displayed on the screen of the the PVCX take a photo of the information displayed on the screen with your phone camera and email the photo of the screen info and your setup ( pipes a/c etc ) to Fuelmoto they will email you the correct .stk and .djt maps for your bike, you download the maps from your PC to the PVCX then you plug your PVCX into your Indian and marrie it to your bike then flash the .stk map first then the .djt map to you bikes ECU it takes about 7 min to flash each map, full instructions are from Fuelmoto, the .stk map is the stock map and the .djt map is the performance map, in the future Dynojet will have the .stk maps already loaded on the PVCX.[/QUOTE

Thanks much for explaining the process.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts