Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m brand new to this, have an 18 chieftain limited and just bought “my version” of the stage 2-
Lloyd’z 585 cams
Tab/zombies
Indian high flow intake
Jackpot head pipe
Powervision 3.
Bike is in the shop now installing.

It’s my understanding that pv3 is the newest but haven’t seen anyone talking about it. The dealership is doing all the mods because they’ll help me maintain the warranty by allowing them to install and tune. What issues should I anticipate from this setup and does anyone have any idea how the new tuner is all you can buy from dynojet or fuel moto? I’m shooting for 106hp dyno’d after all said and done. Be gentle I’m a newbie.

·
Silver member
4,256 Posts
With a proper tune, expect 100-102hp and 116-120tq. The Power Vision 3, or PV-3 is the next version of flash tuner from Dynojet. The preceding one is the Power Vision CX. They perform basically the same. If you want a comparison as well as other tuner related information on Indians, you can read up on My Indian Roadmaster Blog

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I’m brand new to this, have an 18 chieftain limited and just bought “my version” of the stage 2-
Lloyd’z 585 cams
Tab/zombies
Indian high flow intake
Jackpot head pipe
Powervision 3.
Bike is in the shop now installing.

It’s my understanding that pv3 is the newest but haven’t seen anyone talking about it. The dealership is doing all the mods because they’ll help me maintain the warranty by allowing them to install and tune. What issues should I anticipate from this setup and does anyone have any idea how the new tuner is all you can buy from dynojet or fuel moto? I’m shooting for 106hp dyno’d after all said and done. Be gentle I’m a newbie.
So they told you if they installed these aftermarket mods, that that maintains your warranty?

Btw, welcome to the tribe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they told you if they installed these aftermarket mods, that that maintains your warranty?

Btw, welcome to the tribe.
Yes, the dealership told me they’ll back up Lloyd’z stuff but only if they installed. They didn’t want public knowledge that they did it though...oops. They did mention to hang on to the factory cams “just in case”. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
With a proper tune, expect 100-102hp and 116-120tq. The Power Vision 3, or PV-3 is the next version of flash tuner from Dynojet. The preceding one is the Power Vision CX. They perform basically the same. If you want a comparison as well as other tuner related information on Indians, you can read up on My Indian Roadmaster Blog
Nice blog Craig!

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Yes, the dealership told me they’ll back up Lloyd’z stuff but only if they installed. They didn’t want public knowledge that they did it though...oops. They did mention to hang on to the factory cams “just in case”. Thanks for the replies.
If you have a major malfunction in the engine, you won't be able to hide it. Guarantee Polaris will void your warranty.
Ask them to put that promise in writing. Only way I do those sort of upgrades is when my plan has expired.

·
Rider
572 Posts
If you have a major malfunction in the engine, you won't be able to hide it. Guarantee Polaris will void your warranty.
Ask them to put that promise in writing. Only way I do those sort of upgrades is when my plan has expired.
Wow,such expert information!Eat some more oxy and play with the keyboard jerk.

·
Registered
224 Posts
All my motorcycle dealers (BMW, KTM, and Indian) I buy from will install aftermarket parts and warranty the bike. They do ask I buy the parts through them though.

·
Bronze member
2,847 Posts

Many dealers will install aftermarket parts and honor the warranty on their end which means when they submit to Polaris, the bike is "stock" on the submission paperwork.(Thus the reason the OP dealers doesn't want everyone to know they installed them) But it a major failure of the engine or transmission happens and Polaris sends their engineering reps to look at, then yes game over.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Many dealers will install aftermarket parts and honor the warranty on their end which means when they submit to Polaris, the bike is "stock" on the submission paperwork.(Thus the reason the OP dealers doesn't want everyone to know they installed them) But it a major failure of the engine or transmission happens and Polaris sends their engineering reps to look at, then yes game over.
Sometimes if the dealer is stumped on what the issue is, they will have Polaris techs hook into the ECU via computer to see if they can solve the issue as well.

I just wouldn't chance it myself for the amount of time a normal rider is going to maximize the added HP and Torque. These are touring machines after all, not crotch rockets.

Same goes for the 116 upgrade. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I felt like utilizing that extra power. If I had it to do all over again, I'd stay with the Stage 2 and just enjoy the lope idle.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sometimes if the dealer is stumped on what the issue is, they will have Polaris techs hook into the ECU via computer to see if they can solve the issue as well..

Does the dealer charge for connecting to the ECU when the bike is still in warren-tee? o_O

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello Craig,

I want to stop with the EJK and order the PV3,is it necessary to put the 02 sensors back on exhaust if i run the PV3.

Regards,
Sjarrel

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
I wonder if the OP knows he should change his springs...

·
Silver member
4,256 Posts
Hello Craig,

I want to stop with the EJK and order the PV3,is it necessary to put the 02 sensors back on exhaust if i run the PV3.

Regards,
Sjarrel
Yes unless you get a dyno tune and the operator keeps it in open-loop. In that case, you would keep the bypasses installed to keep from throwing the O2 codes.

But, I highly recommend you re-install them and run a standard tune, including the factory if needed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes unless you get a dyno tune and the operator keeps it in open-loop. In that case, you would keep the bypasses installed to keep from throwing the O2 codes.

But, I highly recommend you re-install them and run a standard tune, including the factory if needed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Craig,
This message was from member Eddiec;

My Chieftain with the PCV installed has the O2 sensors removed and the holes plugged...no codes, just runs awsomer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts