Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this a on the website below, has anyone heard back from polaris if it will actually work with the roadmaster without engine damage. I dealer said it was ok, but I think they were just trying to make a sale.

http://www.spocks-motorcycles.at/INDIAN2015ZubehoerBike.pdf

THUNDER STROKE® HIGH FLOW AIR CLEANER
FITS ALL 2014 MODELS, 2015 CLASSIC, VINTAGE, CHIEFTAIN®
& ROADMASTER™
The “Big Sucker” intake lets the engine “inhale” more freely to enhance performance.
The air filter has two layers of special synthetic material to block more dirt and wick
more water. Gives the engine a 1” narrower profile on the left side which creates more
leg room. Dealer Installation required. Includes new calibration.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
It's an Indian product....many riders have them installed. No issues at all. Also look at S & S and Thunder Mfg. AC Kits for Indian.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found this a on the website below, has anyone heard back from polaris if it will actually work with the roadmaster without engine damage. I dealer said it was ok, but I think they were just trying to make a sale.

& ROADMASTER™
The “Big Sucker” intake lets the engine “inhale” more freely to enhance performance.
The air filter has two layers of special synthetic material to block more dirt and wick
more water. Gives the engine a 1” narrower profile on the left side which creates more
I had one put on my 2014 Vintage 3 weeks ago. Makes it run MUCH better!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Had mine put on last mounth with V&H pipes.Didnt ride yet.In for winter.Dealer said it sounds great and has more power.Will see in spring.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My A/C has finally arrived at the dealer but haven't but it on the RM yet, weather isn't cooperating. Perhaps tomorrow the roads will be clear enough of ice to ride over there and have them install it.

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thunder mfg. told me they would not sell an AC kit for Roadmaster as Indian or Polaris had a bulletin out warning lack of airflow due to configuration of lowers.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,983 Posts

& ROADMASTER™
The Polaris tech people said no. If you leave the leg fairings off then no issues but the ducting built into the stock base air filter is needed to give rear cylinder enough air. There is too much air flow lost with the leg fairings to do without the air ducting in the base of the stock air filter assy. I have heard from others in the forum that Indian is working on a Big Sucker that will work on the RMs but of course no idea when it will be out. Dean E

Reactions: harry

·
3,983 Posts

& ROADMASTER™
The Polaris tech people said no. If you leave the leg fairings off then no issues but the ducting built into the stock base air filter is needed to give rear cylinder enough air. There is too much air flow lost with the leg fairings to do without the air ducting in the base of the stock air filter assy. I have heard from others in the forum that Indian is working on a Big Sucker that will work on the RMs but of course no idea when it will be out. Dean E

·
3,983 Posts
Sorry must of had some glitch when posting the reply. D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
20150110_131218[1].jpg

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Had one installed along with the stage one exhaust from Indian, the dealer just had to flash the ECU, runs better and sounds great. Of course no hard lowers on my Chieftain, but I am running soft lowers during winter, no problem so far.

2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased a new RM 3months ago and had big sucker installed at dealer and re flashed card. No problems so far lowers in place. Why would anyone think you would get less air flow with the BS when the profile is smaller than the stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts

& ROADMASTER™
leg room. Dealer Installation required. Includes new

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Just pull out the rubber plug out of the frame just above the rear jug, then you will get air flowing into the front of the frame and then down onto top of the jugs.

This plug is only there if the dealer installed it when installing the Indian Big Sucker AC.

-

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Indian Blue & Ivory Chieftain

·
Registered
31 Posts

& ROADMASTER™

·
Registered
31 Posts

& ROADMASTER™

& ROADMASTER™

& ROADMASTER™
It will now with the new upgrade. Make sure they install the upgrade with it

·
1,956 Posts
image.jpg

.......... of course you have to ask why new Chiefs are fitted with "LOW FLOW" air cleaners at the factory for later replacement, when it would probably cost not a cent more to fit "HI FLOW" at the outset.

And then you would have to reply to our own question,,,,,,, and the answer would be.... " Because it provides $499.99 more revenue for the factory and dealer".

Come on suckers, buy up big!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts