Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to hear pros and cons others have experienced on this topic. I'm trying to decide which route to go.

Indian AC / Aftermarket Pipes / Indian ECM Flash
  • Indian AC comes with code to flash
S&S AC / Aftermarket Pipes / Power Commander for Fuel Management
  • S&S doesn't come with code to flash

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
No comparison. The PC5 or the Dobeck EJK are both far superior to a Stage One Flash. The PC5 is the most adjustable while the Dobeck EJK is much easier to install and is excellent in the manufacturers default settings.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
The Indian flash has to follow epa regulations, the pcv does not. Much better performance with the pcv.
I'm excited to get my scout back with that setup!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little history. Back in 06 I purchased a power commander for my hd street Bob. Two blown ecu's later, I replaced it with a screaming eagle for a way more consistent setup. I don't want to go through that again

·
2,354 Posts
The bike will run a lot cooler with the PCV or Dobeck.

How much is "a lot"? My fiance complains that her scout gets hot. I don't feel the heat, but my legs are longer, therefore in a different position. Wondering if a dobeck will solve the issue.

·
2,354 Posts
I'm getting a dobeck ejk for Christmas and an Indian high flow air cleaner. If I install the ac and dobeck, can I skip the Indian flash? In other words, if I install the ac and ejk myself, can I just wait until I get down to the dealer to do the flash? I'd like to do the Indian flash just in case I ever need to remove the ejk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting a dobeck ejk for Christmas and an Indian high flow air cleaner. If I install the ac and dobeck, can I skip the Indian flash? In other words, if I install the ac and ejk myself, can I just wait until I get down to the dealer to do the flash? I'd like to do the Indian flash just in case I ever need to remove the ejk.

My understanding is you won't need the flash. Hang onto the code if you choose to remove the ejk later....then you can have them flash it then. At least at that point you'd get the latest flash.

·
2,354 Posts
My understanding is you won't need the flash. Hang onto the code if you choose to remove the ejk later....then you can have them flash it then. At least at that point you'd get the latest flash.

Problem is, I'm a slob and the flash is a tiny slip of paper I will stick someplace "where I'm sure to remember where it's at" and then totally forget where I put it years later when I really need it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How much is "a lot"? My fiance complains that her scout gets hot. I don't feel the heat, but my legs are longer, therefore in a different position. Wondering if a dobeck will solve the issue.
Noticeable but I can't give you a number. I think riding position helps also. Sorry, I don't have any experience with a Scout

1 - 10 of 10 Posts