Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed a Power Commander V off my 2016 Indian Chieftain.
Still works perfectly.
Its mapped for Stage 1, with Cat converter removed.
And since I bought it from Fuel Moto, I can get another map for it if needed.
Its 26 months old, and I guarantee it works.

Replaced it with Power Vison 3 so I can do a little tuning on the fly, since I'll be heading up mountains etc visiting CO and up to CA. Also having some head work, cam upcoming and such.

If anyone can use it, $75 plus whatever real shipping is, UPS or USPS, whatever is cheaper.

Razor
Wire Audio equipment Cable Headphones Electronic device
Razor
Wire Audio equipment Cable Headphones Electronic device
Technology Electronic device Electronics

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
719 Posts
Not familiar with this exact model, but it is my understanding with these that once connected to a bike, it is married to that VIN. Whomever buys it would have to pay FM to unpair it and then pay again for new map support. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
2014 Indian Chief Vintage
159 Posts
Not familiar with this exact model, but it is my understanding with these that once connected to a bike, it is married to that VIN. Whomever buys it would have to pay FM to unpair it and then pay again for new map support. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
That is correct and will likely cost $200

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah... I thought that was just a Harley thing...
Didnt know aftermarket does that too...
I thought the only reason the others I saw listed in forum didnt sell was people asking damm near list for them. :)
Was selling mine cheap because I dont like to buy used electronics, figured at this price would sell.
But obviously not at another $200 on top of that.
I'll take it to a swap meet for $20 if someone burned their wires or broke a plug and can use it then.
And will leave this post up so anyone else coming after can see it.
Thanks!

That is correct and will likely cost $200

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh.... just thought of something.... I dont recall that FM ever asked for my VIN... if they dont log VIN's, how would this be married to it? I'll look though my emails, see if they did and I just dont remember that they did...

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
The power commander 5 in question here NEVER gets connected to the ECU data bus!
It DOES NOT pair with a specific VIN/ECU!
The power commander only is plugged/spliced into the crank position sensor line and the Injector and Ingnition actuation lines! NO DATABUS!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So would it work with 2019 chieftain 111 with stage 2 upgrades? If so, I’ll take it.
Sorry for the delay in responding... for some reason it didnt notify me...
I would likely need to get it remapped for the Stage 2
Go ahead and tell me exactly what you have as far as intake, exhaust, cam etc..
There should be a pre-done map on the website, but I'll look to make sure first.
If there is one that matches, I'll download it and email to you, once you put it on your bike, should then be able to upload the new map.
If that all works out, its yours. Whats your zip code? I will try to use the USPS flat rate box, but just in case etc.
Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds good. Sage one Indian air cleaner, sage one Indian slip on oval tip exhaust, stage 2 Indian cams, and I Do have cat in exhaust. If possible I would like idle rpm raised to 950 rpm or so. 39339 is zip code. I’ll just do pay pal for payment if that works for you. Let me know
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts