Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m a pain in the ass and want things to be a certain way which means I wanted to have the 6.5” 200watt power band setup from Indian with all the fancy smancy 9 band eq but no way was I paying $850. So I waited till they released the instruction which has the Polaris P/N listed. Ordered as replacements the speakers total less than $520 from cheap cycle parts. com.
Pics of the eq with fancy smancy “Powerband audio” and the part #’s below. Good luck and enjoy spending that hard earned money elsewhere.
For those that go the aftermarket route more power to you just not what I want for this...the power plant of this bike will be getting all the non Indian/Polaris approved parts once there is a damn ecu crack! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple speaker swap turned the bike on and it showed up with power band and the 9 band eq.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You gave me an epiphany! I went to cheapcycleparts to look for saddlebag lids and speakers for my 19 CDH. Even though it says "all options" - it just shows the stock lids. Oh well. I guess I'll just live with the front Powerband audio.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just take Indians part #’s and search for them. A lot of the time they come up even though they aren’t listed.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
455 Posts
I hope this works out for you, I really do. But that part number looks like the stock speakers, the powerband # is 2884309. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They have that part number (4017741) listed as saddlebag speakers for the 19 Roadmaster Elite, 20 Chieftain Elite and 20 Roadmaster Elite. Says does not fit 20 Challenger.
Challenger part number for fairing mount power band speakers (2884309) listed at $740 for the pair.
Did you mount your set in the fairing or the saddlebags?
Cuz I will definitely order the set at $520 if they work in the fairing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope this works out for you, I really do. But that part number looks like the stock speakers, the powerband # is 2884309. I hope I'm wrong.
Your looking at kit numbers. The part number for the individual speakers is what I posted. I already did it and it works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why wouldn't you just put aftermarket 6.5s? Half the price and better sound. Once the grill is reinstalled the bike looks the same. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
Why wouldn't you just put aftermarket 6.5s? Half the price and better sound. Once the grill is reinstalled the bike looks the same. Is there something I'm missing?

On 2019 and later audio systems are not very compatible with standard speaker systems. The Powerband speakers actually have amps attached to them. There are 4 wires going to the speakers and the crossover is in the amp

·
Registered
51 Posts
On 2019 and later audio systems are not very compatible with standard speaker systems. The Powerband speakers actually have amps attached to them. There are 4 wires going to the speakers and the crossover is in the amp
I have the 2020 DH. Could I buy the saddlebag lids amd do 4 aftermarket speakers (2 fairing, 2 bag) with a mini amp in the bag? Do the powerband speakers just eliminate the need for an external amp? Or will the head unit not like that?

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
I have the 2020 DH. Could I buy the saddlebag lids amd do 4 aftermarket speakers (2 fairing, 2 bag) with a mini amp in the bag? Do the powerband speakers just eliminate the need for an external amp? Or will the head unit not like that?

Some guys have gone this route, I think the issue was trying to figure out the wiring connections. Might want to do a search here on the forums, I know about a year ago some guys were going the aftermarket route and posted their progress. I know to get the EQ to change in the ride command you have to use the factory speaker systems.

·
Bronze member
1,535 Posts
If you really want to go the EASY route, just go with the upgraded 9-band speakers from Indian....pull off your fairing speaker covers, plug and play. My volume level is NEVER about 2 on the sound dial. Trust me, you'll be impressed.....they are THAT GOOD!!!!! Just work your dealer for the best price, use your IMRG discount, Polaris factory discount and maybe a gift card or two and you're done. No wiring, no calibration, no cutting, no new bags, etc, etc, etc. Just my suggestion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you really want to go the EASY route, just go with the upgraded 9-band speakers from Indian....pull off your fairing speaker covers, plug and play. My volume level is NEVER about 2 on the sound dial. Trust me, you'll be impressed.....they are THAT GOOD!!!!! Just work your dealer for the best price, use your IMRG discount, Polaris factory discount and maybe a gift card or two and you're done. No wiring, no calibration, no cutting, no new bags, etc, etc, etc. Just my suggestion.
HeyHog those are the same speakers the op found for $300 cheaper. Not to rub salt in anyone’s wounds.

·
Bronze member
1,535 Posts
HeyHog those are the same speakers the op found for $300 cheaper. Not to rub salt in anyone’s wounds.
TG, didn't read into all the details.....then he got a good deal. I got mine with dealer discount, manufacturer discount, IMRG discount and some family gift cards.....I think I paid about $200.00 for mine.....and they sound awesome on the open road. No worries; thought that the thread member bought some aftermarket parts. All good!!! As we all know, there is huge mark-up in Indian's accessories.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
455 Posts
@seangrogan684 thank you I found the power band 5.25 for the 19 Chieftain part number. #4017740 they are $240 per. So $480 for a pairversus $630 for the kit. Not as big of a savings as yours but a savings nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts