Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, wondering if anyone knows what color powder would match the base titanium? Trying to get some pieces matched to the paint and my guy doesn’t have a lot of silver gray samples.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Look on prismatic powders or Columbia coatings website and get small samples or contact them directly

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with prismatic, it’s hard to translate computer images to actual product, I did order some samples. Unfortunately you can only do 2 at a time and it’s $6.00 to ship them. Hopefully I’m close with the 2 I ordered, I’ll keep trying if not and report back what I find.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Is the titanium color you're matching a matte finish?

If it's the gloss, I would think it would be easiest to order the touch up paint pen and then have your painter use that to match.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s the gloss finish, my powder guy only has the basics, blacks and chromes. He does it on the side, amazing work but that comes with some drawbacks. So I have to do the homework.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I checked with prismatic, it’s hard to translate computer images to actual product, I did order some samples. Unfortunately you can only do 2 at a time and it’s $6.00 to ship them. Hopefully I’m close with the 2 I ordered, I’ll keep trying if not and report back what I find.

If not talk to them about sending a piece off your bike for color match

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am literally waiting for my parts to get back from the shop. We found a very very close match. Possibly perfect but won't know until they are installed next week. I decided to do the Mag cover and Clutch cover in a powder match. I also decided to do the exhaust, Indian logos on the mag and clutch covers, headlight/marker bezels, war bonnet, gauge bezel, left "horn" cover (I know the horn is up front but idk what else to call it), the bag mounts and the chrome piece of the stage 1 intake in a Burnt Bronze cerakote from cerakote.com. I also am having the levers, tank bezel and other misc. chrome parts done in gloss black powder. I will post pics and let you know what the color code and company the gloss titanium powder we used. Pretty excited to get it back together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replied via PM but for anyone else interested, I used PMB6469 from Prismatic Poweders. I'm very pleased with the final product but it's not perfect. We looked at A LOT of samples and the metallic is spot on, just a few shades darker than the base model paint. For me, it's far enough away from any painted parts that you probably won't be able to tell. I personally think it looks much better than the black especially with the motor being grey. Feel free to message me if you have questions or if you want to do the same thing, I can line that up as well.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
I am assuming since the powder is a baked on material that the exhaust heat will not harm the coating. Somewhat like a ceramic coating I'm guessing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am assuming since the powder is a baked on material that the exhaust heat will not harm the coating. Somewhat like a ceramic coating I'm guessing.
i was wondering the same thing. Are the pipes powder or cerakote? Cerakote would be the best and a very cool touch

·
Registered
82 Posts
The powder on the cases looks fantastic and goes really nice with the rest of the bike. The Cerakote on the heat shields really looks outstanding!

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
Actually, the color you chose looks to match the engine cases, which to me is a better look than trying to match the paint. The gold exhaust was a good idea...I would have never thought of that. Nice look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts