Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know many of us are uhhhhhh.....slightly more mature than many online these days.... I thought it might be interesting to see the first bike you owned. Now I know it might be difficult to find a pix of your PERSONAL bike but bing.com/images has a good collection of just about anything out there and I will bet you can find a pix of your first ride. Let's see them.

I will start it off....my first bike was..... a Honda 305 Dream. Thought I was the coolest kid in school.
305dream.jpg

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Attachments

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
The picture of me on my first bike is chiseled on a stone tablet that won't fit into my scanner.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the post is about 1st bike, but thought I would throw a couple more up, the Honda was my second and Triumph was third. Brings back a lot of memories.
View attachment 1988

View attachment 1989
LOL. Don't get me started on my 2nd or 3rd bike....we could be here all day.
FYI my 2nd bike was a 1969 HD XLCH IronHead Sportster. Spend most of that year kickstarting that damn bike in the mornings!!!

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dr Z, lovin' the single cylinder!
The old 305 dream did appear to have a single cylinder but it was a parallel twin. It wasn't very fast but you could pull a wheelie and hold it for quite a while. You did need to shift you butt backwards a bit but hell...I was a kid and was known for doing stupid things.

I was watching a video somewhere and they pulled a Vintage on it's back tire. This only proves to me that stupid people still exist in this world!

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
53 Posts
The white Honda Cub which I with my brother when I was age 11. This is pic of the 1965 model rather than the 1962.

The first bike I owned individually was the 1963 Yamaha YG1 125 CC. It was all black, tough. I rode off road in the Black Hills National Forest.

When I was 16 I had saved enough from mowing lawns and then starting work at Archer Daniels Midland to buy the Royal Enfield 750 cc twin. I took it back to Sturgis at age 17 where I had lived when I owned the previous two bikes. Sold it to buy furniture when I got married (mistake).

Photos are from the web and are not mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The white Honda Cub which I with my brother when I was age 11. This is pic of the 1965 model rather than the 1962.
The first bike I ever rode was a Honda Cub 50. It belonged to my dad, but we three boys sort of confiscated it, stripped all the nonsense parts off, put knobby tires on and used it for a dirt bike.

I learned years later that back in '60 or '61 a Honda dealer in Idaho was selling twice as many Cubs as all the rest of the dealerships in the US combined. The regional Honda guy went to check out what the dealer was doing to sell so many Cubs. Apparently he was doing what we had done to ours: stripping off the skirts, putting knobby tires on and selling them for off road/trail riding. The Honda guy went back to corporate and suggested they put this into a production model and the Honda Trail 50 was born.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
My first bike was a Honda 90 back in 1967, it was followed by a Honda 90 Sport, then a Honda 350 Scrambler before Vietnam kept me busy. When I got back from that place I treated myself with a Honda 750 K2. 2009-05-17 17-55-55_0009.jpg Darryls Honda 750 Warranty card front.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enzo5000....
Not only having one of the coolest bikes out there in 69....it was also an exercise machine just trying to start the damn thing!

I remember it much too well !!!

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
22 Posts
This was my first real bike a 1969 BSA Rocket III. It's a long story but I purchased it in 1977 with 83 miles on the clock, it had never been titled. I still have it today.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not my exact bike but a web photo of the same. Looking back I guess we all start somewhere. And to think I usually had a buddy on the back in a yellow helmet with a bubble shield! :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts