Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the people posting out here about the bad experiences they have had with their dealerships, I want to share my most recent experience at my dealership.
I took my 19 RM for its 5000 mile service.(I know not a lot of miles but hey COVID and working from home, not many opportunities to ride.) I had just returned from a 1000 mile trip and the bike was filthy. To my surprise, the bike was clean. To me this is going above and beyond, This is the kind of service I get each time I am in there. The dealership is Bison Thunder in Rogers, MN. They are now right on the interstate, you can miss them.
Thanks Bison Thunder.
#BisonThunder

·
Registered
586 Posts
With all the people posting out here about the bad experiences they have had with their dealerships, I want to share my most recent experience at my dealership.
I took my 19 RM for its 5000 mile service.(I know not a lot of miles but hey COVID and working from home, not many opportunities to ride.) I had just returned from a 1000 mile trip and the bike was filthy. To my surprise, the bike was clean. To me this is going above and beyond, This is the kind of service I get each time I am in there. The dealership is Bison Thunder in Rogers, MN. They are now right on the interstate, you can miss them.
Thanks Bison Thunder.
#BisonThunder
Thank you for this. I agree with you...good dealerships should be talked about.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger...Sandstone Smoke
259 Posts
I believe I've posted about my home town dealer before but won't hesitate to do it again. The short version...
Bought a challenger at a different dealer
Crashed said challenger, took it to my home dealer
During repairs my wife mentioned that she hadn't been on it yet bc she doesn't like to ride without a backrest(I ordered a complete trunk set up at purchase and had everything but the mount)
Repairs complete my dealer Chris said he has a mount I can use til mine came in, he went up stairs in his shop and got a chrome trunk mount and gave it to me, told me to keep it as long as I needed
My rack was back-ordered again til Oct, went and asked Chris and he sold me the rack for a very fair price

My dealer is Elkhart Indian Motorcycle in Elkhart Indiana. Chris and his entire staff are always to notch and willing to help in any way.
If you are going across the 80/90 tollway in Indiana take the exit for SR19 and stop by and see them

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,603 Posts
I have for the most part had a very positive dealer experience with Indian of Toledo/Honda East. A few little issues with my current ride but nothing big and they have come through. The length of time it takes for their service department to work me in has been longer than usual this year but I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i'm giving a shoutout to Woods Indian Motorcycle of New Braunfels, Texas. i got my bike back after them having it for 2 weeks, and would have gotten it back much sooner but we were waiting on some replacement stuff to come in. The 2 guys in the service department that I dealt with are Caleb and Adrian, and they were very helpful at every stage. the previous shop that had my bike took 6 weeks before finally giving up and that was only when i went to the shop to check on something. so i'm just sitting at home waiting for a phone call because i don't want to pester them every day, and i would only reach out to them if i hadn't heard anything in 2 week intervals. i don't blame anyone for being busy, but they told me up front it would probably take them 2 days, or 2 weeks if they had to order something.

at Woods, specifically Caleb, he called or emailed me almost on a daily basis to give me updates and get my 'OK' on how to proceed to the next step. i've had probably more than a dozen different people/shops doing one thing or another for my bike over the past 10 months because i've been customizing it since i bought it, and nearly every person/place has given me a timeframe expectation up front that was missed. usually by a lot. if i was told something would be 2 weeks, it was usually 2 months. or make me chase them on the phone, or only communicate through text which makes things tougher than they need to be. but Woods was available to me through phone and email like no one else has and was straight up with me about everything and didn't try to blow any smoke up my ass. and they fixed what the last shop couldn't. so if you're ever in their area, drop by and tell 'em i sent ya. bring the kiddies. it'll be a rootin tootin time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe I've posted about my home town dealer before but won't hesitate to do it again. The short version...
Bought a challenger at a different dealer
Crashed said challenger, took it to my home dealer
During repairs my wife mentioned that she hadn't been on it yet bc she doesn't like to ride without a backrest(I ordered a complete trunk set up at purchase and had everything but the mount)
Repairs complete my dealer Chris said he has a mount I can use til mine came in, he went up stairs in his shop and got a chrome trunk mount and gave it to me, told me to keep it as long as I needed
My rack was back-ordered again til Oct, went and asked Chris and he sold me the rack for a very fair price

My dealer is Elkhart Indian Motorcycle in Elkhart Indiana. Chris and his entire staff are always to notch and willing to help in any way.
If you are going across the 80/90 tollway in Indiana take the exit for SR19 and stop by and see them
I have used Elkhart as well. Everyone there is super nice and welcoming. What a dealership should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts