Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a tall boy for my 2019 Chieftain. The seat bolts didn't quite line up and required a decent amount of force to install. The seat also seems to extend quite a bit over the tank and leaves a large gap by the front.

Even though it's supposed to sit 1/2 inch back from stock it feels much closer to the tank. So much closer that going lock to lock is almost impossible without jamming your arms into your sides.

Ultimate says the gap and fit is normal. Anyone else have experience? More than likely this saddle is going back. Any good alternatives?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know anything about that seat but if you are in Florida (Daytona) or California (Hollister), I strongly encourage you to visit Corbin. They will make a custom seat for you right on the spot. The stock Indian seat was probably the best stock I ever sat on, but having the Corbin has FAR exceeded any seat I have used.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds really nice but I'm unfortunately pretty far away in NH. I didn't think the suck seat was bad. The most I ride on it was about 200 miles. I just wanted to be a little farther away and a bit wider in the seat pan.

The Ultimate is comfortable to sit on, just positioned poorly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would be willing to bet that Corbin has a presence during Laconia Bike Week (Aug. 22 - 30). Unless it gets cancelled.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
I recently put an Ultimate tall on my 2019 as well. I'll need to rebook at it but I'm fairly sure it fit fine. I did find that for some odd reason the bolts needed spacers as they did not go all the way in. But they lined up fine, I thought about taking it off and comparing how the stock seat was but one sit on it and I was very happy. I did move me back not much but I'm happy with it. I'll take pic of my fitment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Make sure that it is seated correctly. There is a metal piece on the bottom of the seat that slides into like a bracket on the bike. If it is sitting on top of the bracket, it will look like that and not fit properly.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
That sounds really nice but I'm unfortunately pretty far away in NH. I didn't think the suck seat was bad. The most I ride on it was about 200 miles. I just wanted to be a little farther away and a bit wider in the seat pan.

The Ultimate is comfortable to sit on, just positioned poorly.
What a bummer. I am not familiar with Ultimate but they are reputed to be one of the best. I too would be unhappy about the fitment from an aesthetic point of view, but you probably could get used to it. More importantly you didn't achieve your objective to be moved back a bit.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,984 Posts
When you install a seat onto the 111 bikes the front of the seat has two brackets that have to slide under some brackets on the bike. It is usually very tight fit and requires pressing or pounding on the back of the seat to get it in. That might make your rear side bolts line up better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll remove it this evening and re-fit it. There was one tab on the front of the seat that slides under a bracket. The first time I tried to mount it I missed the tab and the front would pull off the tank. I remounted it so the tab secured the front and had to pound the rear of the seat to align the brackets. @Taco mike , would you be willing to measure from the base of the center plastic tank cover to the rear seam on the saddle?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
Looked at my bike and I actually do have that gap. But thinking back now to the stock Rogue seat, it too had a minor gap. And honestly can you even see it unless you are eye level with it

·
Rider
1,240 Posts
Corbins seat surface is damn wide on my Cobin Tour and I like it a lot.
Lots of support for the lower region.
The quality is first rate.
Also sets me way back.
Love my Corbin

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the Ultimate tall boy on my RM. and the nose of the seat sits lower and farther back. The nose of the Ultimate slides under the gas tank to lock in place. Did you lift the front of the seat to make sure it was secured properly. Even though the RM seat is for 2 the mounting points are the same and should look the same. Mine does not look like yours.

·
Bronze Member
1,716 Posts
When I went to install my Ultimate tall boy, I was pushing down pretty good trying to get the bolts in. After I removed the seat for the second time I noticed that it was setting on top of one of the wire looms. After repositioning the wire loom, the seat fell into place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered a tall boy for my 2019 Chieftain. The seat bolts didn't quite line up and required a decent amount of force to install. The seat also seems to extend quite a bit over the tank and leaves a large gap by the front.

Even though it's supposed to sit 1/2 inch back from stock it feels much closer to the tank. So much closer that going lock to lock is almost impossible without jamming your arms into your sides.

Ultimate says the gap and fit is normal. Anyone else have experience? More than likely this saddle is going back. Any good alternatives?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts