Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Which tire for FTR 1200?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whether you have used them, or done your research and feel you have a good understanding of these tires 'on paper', let us know what you think is the best set of tires for the FTR 1200. The poll is open for you to select your top 2 choices. Please add comments in this thread to explain your votes.

I sourced tire options from the tire discussion in a post from @Hatt here:

If it's relevant, a mod can merge this poll with HATT's thread.

·
Silver member
5,288 Posts
This is just a random selection.

Add Bridgestone A41, Conti Trail Attack 2, Michelin Anakee Adventure...

(and take the Pirelli Night Dragon off, those are cruiser tires...)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max. I added those two options. The forum will not allow me to remove Night Dragons. If we see a vote for those tires, we know that person is not to be trusted.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured as much, it's the way it normally goes. I almost made a disclaimer about not voting that way, but I know it wouldn't help. At least we'll see where most people are putting their stake in tires and hopefully we'll get some good convo in here or in HATT's thread. I do want to be sure to give that thread credit for getting more detailed tire discussion starated.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is no “best” tire for any bike.

It’s all about rider preference.
Please add comments about why the tires you voted for are best for you.

The poll is not a be-all end-all decider of FTR tires. Just trying to see where our community is putting their faith, in general.

·
Rider
1,170 Posts
I live in the UK and there is only one manufacturer turning out tires over here and that is Avon Tires. They are very highly rated made in the UK presumably taking into account the climate and road conditions over here? They have the Trailrider (which is not on the list) which looks a promising tire for the FTR. They have just increased their sizing range on the Cobra Chromes so I will be switching to one of them on my other steed once the Metzeler is shot.

·
Bronze member
2,052 Posts
See hatts pinned post for that Info.

I’ve tried three different ftr tires. What I feel is best may not actually be best, because I haven’t tried all the available tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in the UK and there is only one manufacturer turning out tires over here and that is Avon Tires. They are very highly rated made in the UK presumably taking into account the climate and road conditions over here? They have the Trailrider (which is not on the list) which looks a promising tire for the FTR. They have just increased their sizing range on the Cobra Chromes so I will be switching to one of them on my other steed once the Metzeler is shot.
In a german Motorcycle Magazin ist a longtime Test of the FTR.
They have mounted the Avon Trailrider,and are happy.They wrote,much better Grip and Handling than the Stock Dunlop.
I will give the Avons a try.
Best Regards

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like a Euro only brand? Which Avon model? I'll add one to the list.

·
Bronze member
2,052 Posts
You can get Avon tires anywhere.

But they make several tires. So saying “Avon is best” is like saying Bridgestone is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 76 Posts