Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,413 Posts
I just took their online survey this morning. They primarily want to see how this is impacting us and their business. How we can still purchase things online and how this impacts going to our dealers for parts & service. They also ask about the purchasing of new motorcycles. I just got my 2019 Scout back in September so I wasn't interested in purchasing a new bike yet. I'm sure there are quite a few who are yet and also quite a few putting that off because of the impact of job layoffs etc. Hopefully this crisis will abate in a few months.

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
where is this survey?... I tell you what when you read that press release.. it slams home (for me anyway) how many well known companies just might not make it through this...

Reactions: 111 Indian

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,413 Posts
The economic repercussions are probably going to outlast the virus. If we don't spiral into a great depression it will surprise me. More worrisome to retirees on fixed income is bank closures and possible devaluation of the dollar to where we won't be able to afford hyper inflated prices. Choosing between medications and eating & keeping the lights/heat on is already a problem for many of us.

·
Bronze member
1,614 Posts
I got the survey emailed to me as well. I thought it was interesting that they were looking for about 90% emotional/reactionary data and the rest was business focus. The three month window they asked about purchasing a new bike was very related to the current situation.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought a New 2020 Scout, traded my 2016 Scout 60. Dealer closed and am waiting to find out how or if I can pick it up. Not in a hurry, we still have time before the good weather gets here and I have my Chieftain DH until then.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also received the survey vis email, went into my spam folder so try looking there if you haven't received one. They asked my opinion on Polaris assisting during these times, I sad how about absorbing the shipping costs! I just ordered the Indian oil kit for $90 CAD to include tax and $21 CAD for delivery! The local dealer is closed I have no choice but to ask for delivery. Considering Fortnine, an online motorcycle shop waves the delivery cost on any orders over 50, I'm sure Polaris can do the same.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I took the survey as well. My wife and I were looking to get her a new Scout in the next few months. As of right now, our jobs haven’t been affected so assuming we pull out of this unscathed we will still consider that timeline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts