Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,028 Posts
Not sure the market share gains had anything to do with Indian sales, the implication is that bike sales are down, but another bad quarter for HOG.

PII seems to benefit from a hard winter. Snowmobile sales were great and made up for weakness across all (good weather) products.

Either way, a good quarter.

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure the market share gains had anything to do with Indian sales, the implication is that bike sales are down, but another bad quarter for HOG.

PII seems to benefit from a hard winter. Snowmobile sales were great and made up for weakness across all (good weather) products.

Either way, a good quarter.
I'm not implying anything because Harleys sales are down too.
I like reading the transcripts because of the details and information. For example the Slingshot may not be in production much longer if sales don't improve since some dealers are pulling their agreements.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another interesting tidbit from the conversation is that for now some Scouts and FTR will be built in Poland.

·
Bronze member
2,511 Posts
I like reading the transcripts because of the details and information. For example the Slingshot may not be in production much longer if sales don't improve since some dealers are pulling their agreements.

Polaris did the same thing with water-craft... which makes it really amazing that they kept Victory for as long as they did... what it shows me is that they really want to be in the motorcycle business

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Polaris did the same thing with water-craft... which makes it really amazing that they kept Victory for as long as they did... what it shows me is that they really want to be in the motorcycle business
Yeah Indian is here to stay but the Slingshot line has probably run its course.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think Indians future looks bright, many new models rumored to be on the way. I think Polaris needs to toss the slingshot and focus on Indian Motorcycle.

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still think they should do a more classic-styled three wheeler with Indian branding, more like Vanderhall or Morgan https://www.morgancars-usa.com/. Sure it would be niche but could recoup more of the Slingshot investment if done right.

Slingshot sales will never rebound.
That's a good idea Mark. The Vanderhall has a heater and heated seats.

·
Rider
520 Posts

I visited my local dealership the other day (Iron Pony Columbus Ohio) and they had Vanderhall's side by side on the floor with the SlingShots.

IMO that will not help Slinger sales... those Vanders are beautiful!

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
That's a good idea Mark. The Vanderhall has a heater and heated seats.

I would never buy a SlingShot. I would consider a classic-styled three wheeler from Indian. There must be a lot of folks like me. And importantly, this concept could be a re-skinning of existing product, so the product development cost would be contained.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts