Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That didn't take long. Check out the lower right corner of this screen shot of the Indian Motorcycle website:

Here's a closer look:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They say Indian will be moves to Iowa but they don't know id any old employees will be asked to come along.
They didn't say when they would start producing the Indian

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just reading that it seems like Indian/Polaris have better PR then Victory.... Sorry Mike!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like the bikes will stay separate , where is the Victory name

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only time will tell if they keep it seperate. I think it would make sense to put them together.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
680 said:
Only time will tell if they keep it seperate. I think it would make sense to put them together.
Everything I have read says Indian will remain a stand-alone brand.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
845 said:
The Indian guys don't seem to excited about this?
I was in Twin Cities Indian yesterday and talked to the owner and the sales guy that was there and they were very excited. Had such a good conversation with the owner that he gave me a very generous discount a couple Indian shirts.

They seemed very excited about the potential lower pricing on the Indians to get more bikes out the door and the chance to work with Victory as a sister company.
If you have a Indian dealership in your area I'd be interested in hearing what those dealers are saying. The guys at Twin Cities may have a different view since that are 20 miles away from the corporate headquarters.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Indian dealers would be excited about better pricing I cant see alot of 30K to 40K bike flying out the door right now.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1522 said:
All 7 of them?
I saw a huge group of Indian riders. Both of those guys were almost 7 feet tall!

Looks like (on their website) they're still trying to unload the dozen or so bikes they built back in 2009...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was in Grand Rapids a few weeks ago, and they still have brand new 2003 Gilroy indians as well as 2009 and 2011 Chiefs. I was glad to be able to compare them. First of all, they are totally different bikes except the appearance of the fenders. It seems when Gilroy went bankrupt, everything went. So when Kings Mtn. came along, they had to build the bike from the ground up. Even the leather bags are different and will not interchange. Also, the new Indians are rider friendly as well as tootally accessorized, at least the Vintage was except for a back rest. I have owned a Road King and if you take into account the price then add all the accessories you would be amazed how the prices are close.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to see another dealer or 2 up here in canuckland.
There are a few of the old bikes about and even a couple of the new ones.
Here I would imagine they would do well to add to the Victory stable as the numbers probably don't support independent outlets.What ever they do I wish them well , not my style of bike right now but you never know .

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have lusted after an Indian since I saw them as akid. I will wait two years and then buy one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts