Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealership today ordered 2 Road Master Metal Badges the same as on the lower fairings as I wanted to put one on each of the rear luggage bags between the locks. They called me back and said to me are you sure you want the badges? Then said the Indian one on the fuel tank is $80.00 AUD each side then the Roadmaster ones are $300.00 AUD each side. I laughed and told them to stop bull shitting ,they replied they thought the same so double checked both with Polaris and other dealerships and confirmed the price was $300.00 each side ,Wow I said that I won't bother thanks as they thought the same , they know me too well lol. So I will not have any additional Road Master badges on my bike they as in Polaris can shove them where the sun won't shine . How do these guys justify that sort of $$$$ when the Tank Badges are less then a third of the lower fairing ones. ?

·
German Rider
843 Posts
Crazy. Tank badge is 33 US$ and lower fairing is 93 US$.
What a joke.

Cu,
Sven

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy. Tank badge is 33 US$ and lower fairing is 93 US$.
What a joke.

Cu,
Sven
I fail too see how they justify that let alone sell any .Still way heaper there than buying them here, I very much dought if I would be buying any at the USD price as well .

·
Rider
537 Posts
I called my dealership today ordered 2 Road Master Metal Badges the same as on the lower fairings as I wanted to put one on each of the rear luggage bags between the locks. They called me back and said to me are you sure you want the badges? Then said the Indian one on the fuel tank is $80.00 AUD each side then the Roadmaster ones are $300.00 AUD each side. I laughed and told them to stop bull shitting ,they replied they thought the same so double checked both with Polaris and other dealerships and confirmed the price was $300.00 each side ,Wow I said that I won't bother thanks as they thought the same , they know me too well lol. So I will not have any additional Road Master badges on my bike they as in Polaris can shove them where the sun won't shine . How do these guys justify that sort of $$$$ when the Tank Badges are less then a third of the lower fairing ones. ?
Have a local airbrush artist paint them on for you, will look 100% better than those cheap stick on badges and cost less too. One of the things I really like about our RM Elite is the logos are painted, much nicer looking and easier to maintain. Getting ready to do a custom one-up bike, probably the retro Chieftain, and it's not going to have one stick-on placard left, will be fully airbrush art with three coats of clear-coat over the artwork....

Tank is going to be something like this...

·
Senior member / gold
6,247 Posts
Obviously, "where the sun don't shine" is in an extremely dark parts bin. Lol! What everyone doesn't know is that Polaris/Indian Corp. is owned by Frank & Jesse James, and the Cole Younger Gang! Those prices are outrageous!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are not from a current generation Roadmaster.
Correct they look like knock offs and no where near what the OME looks like .Thanks anyway.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL

Don't do it, Geoff!

(...'cause then the next thing you'll want to do is put four portholes along the sides of your fairing)

;)
Plus I might want a straight eight like I had in my 47 Buick wow wish I still had that car so loved it.These days they ask around
$40,000.00 plus for one as original or restored.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I asked about the Chrome Air cleaner cover for my Roadmaster... ( months ago it was $160.00 now I'm told its $277.00. Should have bought it last year :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts