Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news for the people in Alabama and America. Many thanks to Polaris for selecting our state for their new ATV manufacturing plant.

Here is some of the details. To read more go to AL.com.
1700 full time jobs, 142 mil. Cost, 600,000 sq ft plant
Break ground in 1st qtr of 2015
Full operation in 2017

Thanks Polaris for investing in America. The products built at this plant will be the best of their kind in the world.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,050 Posts
Howdy Folks,
Huntsville is a great city in a beautiful part of the country; I've visited it a couple of time with our Presidio High School rocketry club to participate in NASA's Student Launch Initiative. Does this mean that Polaris is pulling ATV production out of Mexico?
--- Randall

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Article said the new plant will make the Ranger and Rzr models. That's all I know of for now. What is coming from Mexico?

It's called the Rocket City. Has a lot of hi tech jobs and is a nice clean place to live.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,050 Posts
Howdy taboothe,
Those are their side-by side models which I believe they've been building in the Spirit Lake plant along with Indian and Victory; sounds like Spirit Lake will be exclusively motorcycle production...
--- Randall

·
Registered
765 Posts
Howdy taboothe,
Those are their side-by side models which I believe they've been building in the Spirit Lake plant along with Indian and Victory; sounds like Spirit Lake will be exclusively motorcycle production...
--- Randall
I'd agree they are looking forward to an increase in 2 wheeled production. I don't think they were quite ready for the Indian brand to take off a fast as it has though. A good problem to have!!

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Huntsville plant will also build a new type of off road machine named the Polaris Ace. It's a single ride in cab with steering wheel 4x4 machine. It's already for sale. Check out their website. Looks like a lot of fun and affordable.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Glad to see some Polaris moving South and Not Mexico ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Very glad to see the positive steps ! Jobs created and hopefully keep us Indian riders happy! Where do i apply? Need a change of scenery!

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very glad to see the positive steps ! Jobs created and hopefully keep us Indian riders happy! Where do i apply? Need a change of scenery!
Ok if interested, job info should be available in a few weeks on the website of : AIDT , Alabama Industrial Development Training.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts