Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pair of riding glasses that Will seal around my eyes.

I picked up these up on sale $30. Seemed reasonably priced and liked the idea, they are a clear lens and transition to a dark shaded lens in sun light. Have the foam slotted seal around eye sockets. I assume in theory they should shield my eyes from debris while allowing air flow so as not to fog up.

The things just don't work as designed, on my face anyway. I constantly get dust in my eyes, oddly seems its always the right, and on the highway so much wind flurrying around my eyes I am tearing up and have extremely blurred vision. Quite a distraction and dangerous at those speeds.

5ED29F7B-6F77-45A7-94CA-58E6AE698647.jpeg
61C2D535-CCC7-4C1D-AA66-F2F6CBE72053.jpeg
CC11465C-45C1-45B2-AE00-B27CB798682D.jpeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride with WileyX prescription glasses. They also come as regular shades.
they look very similar to the ones you have and they come with a strap to help hold the frames secure to your head/face.
I still have an issue with fogging on the colder days but they do a great job of keeping my eyes free of debris.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am such a dope....The simple idea of a strap had not even entered my thought process. I am notorious for killing flys with a canon.
Thanks for mentioning the strap!

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
964 Posts
I ride with WileyX prescription glasses. They also come as regular shades.
they look very similar to the ones you have and they come with a strap to help hold the frames secure to your head/face.
I still have an issue with fogging on the colder days but they do a great job of keeping my eyes free of debris.
I also wear prescription WileyX glasses. I have some that are shades and another pair that are transitions. While I have the inserts to seal around my eyes, I haven’t used them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wear Oakley SI 3.0s. The have a flat temple bar and enough tension that a strap isn’t required but if you want to the holes are in the ear piece to add one! They also are close enough to the face that I cane use the sun shield that pulls down out of my Scorpion half helmet.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,401 Posts
Oakleys for daylight and Wiley-X shooting glasses for low light. No problem whatsoever with debris.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have these and they work great! I never have any problems with the seal, they stay nice and tight. They also have a strap you can replace the arms with if you need them even tighter but you probably won't need it.

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
I’ve tried the foam lined ones but if I’m not moving they make me sweat profusely and fog up. I look for very tight hugging wrap arounds. With my recurved windshield debris is never and issue. I have a pair of transitions that I really like but they are not dark enough for me in daylight and only use them st night. I’m looking for a pair of dark safety glasses because of all the road construction going on around here. Fairing is taking a beating and want to be sure if a projectile hits my glasses it won’t penetrate. Took a 1/4x2 inch bolt out of a tire on my wife’s car last week. Lost my headlight last year on the superslab. Don’t know what hit it or ever saw it coming.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oakley Road Prizm cycling sunglasses, never had problems with debris blowing behind the lens so far. On my second set of lenses, took a rock to the left side lens last year, scared the stuff out of me but no issues...I like the specific prizm tint that is used for cycling sunglasses which works to enhance the clarity of road surfaces which can often be hidden by glare with regular sunglasses.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
WileyX, replaceable lenses, replaceable bands. I've used mine two years without complaint. About $100 sold with spare lenses.

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
I'm a big fan of the panoptix/3rd eye riding glasses. I been wearing various versions for years. They come with the chum too boot. And the foam sealers are vented to prevent fogging up...

·
German Rider
1,645 Posts

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
954 Posts
I wear one piece wrap around goggles with head strap that I picked up for $20 at the Harley store. They have foam around the edges and will stay on at speed with no helmet. No dry eyes after a long ride, they do get hot when not riding so I have to slide them up a little for ventilation. But, for 20 bucks a deal. I also use a pair of clear Wiley X for night riding, had them for 18+ years, they do hold up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts