Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that if you are like me once you get a toy you have a hard time leaving it stock. Sometimes you change just a couple little things that bug you, sometimes you end up changing almost everything to make it just perfect. This section was created so you could create a thread and keep a running 'diary' of sorts of your build process on your Indian. If you have modified your Indian please create a thread here letting us know how it started life and the different steps you took (or are taking) to make it custom.

I see a ton of introduction posts, I'd love to see some build threads as well. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
872 Build

Klockwerks and I are in the process of adding a few changes to my new Vintage. We have a set of 16" Ride Wright Twisted spoke wheels and rotors that will be installed to test for fit and ride, then Ride Wright is going to build a new set with the fat Twisted spoke and their soft lip rim with a 21 " front and a 16' rear. Team Klockwerks is designing a set of their Klip Hanger bars and we are going to stretch the tank to help match the lines of the bike. Not sure to go with two tone paint or keep it one solid color, looking for suggestions on paint. Also working on different mufflers and muffler tips, and of coarse it wouldn't be complete without a Klockwerks Billboard windshield to help hold it to the road and cut through the wind. More to follow.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm not in favor of the paneled 2 tones, I disagree with trying to make a new bike look retro, move forward and go orginal maybe with nice pin stripping and accents. I'm painting mine metal flake and murals.

·
Registered
338 Posts
872 Build

Klockwerks and I are in the process of adding a few changes to my new Vintage. We have a set of 16" Ride Wright Twisted spoke wheels and rotors that will be installed to test for fit and ride, then Ride Wright is going to build a new set with the fat Twisted spoke and their soft lip rim with a 21 " front and a 16' rear. Team Klockwerks is designing a set of their Klip Hanger bars and we are going to stretch the tank to help match the lines of the bike. Not sure to go with two tone paint or keep it one solid color, looking for suggestions on paint. Also working on different mufflers and muffler tips, and of coarse it wouldn't be complete without a Klockwerks Billboard windshield to help hold it to the road and cut through the wind. More to follow.
Sounds good go in your own derection I always do

·
Registered
2014 Vintage, 2000 Gilroy Silver Cloud,1973 Indian Dirt Bike
709 Posts
How do you like the pipes from dirty bird concepts?
I want them but the price is a bit high for me.
and the noise is a bit loud for me

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got my Victory 106 rebuilt by Indian Twin Performance and it runs great! Jeff Tudor is the owner operator and is located in Cave Creek area very close to the I-17 north of Phoenix, AZ. Jeff has machining capabilities and can perform all rebuild needs including cylinder heads. Then he can dyno the motor at his shop, he is a Dyna Jet certified operator. For Indian or Victory engine work, give him a call 623.582.2427

1 - 11 of 11 Posts