Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While waiting for my 2019 to be triked, I tried my NTFS flash drives at the dealership. These were drives I used in my cars as well as my previous non-Indian cycles. The drives weren’t recognized and the manual did not have any information about recommendations or best practices to ensure success. I contacted Indian and staff were very nice but kept elevating it until I was told a team member would contact me.

The following were my troubleshooting experiences:

The only format recognized by Ride Command was FAT32. It’s possible that other formats such as NTFS might have worked but I tried too many different flash drives and NTFS was not recognized. I mention this because you might purchase a relatively large drive (128gb or 256gb) and it is likely to be formatted NTFS. I don’t know about Mac but reformatting a “large” drive on a PC to FAT32 takes some additional work (e.g using CMD Prompt or 3rd party software).

An 8gb flash drive (USB 2.0 & USB 3.0) with a few titles and one folder with nested files loaded immediately. The shuffle mode worked flawlessly as did repeat.

I also tried additional drives ranging from 32gb to 128gb (USB 2.0 & USB 3.0) and they also worked. As expected, it did take longer for the drives to be indexed but the wait time was very reasonable. I’m optimistic that once the drives are indexed, they should quickly load.

My last 2 tests used 256gb drives (USB 3.0). One worked and the other was not recognized. This did not surprise me as differences are not uncommon among different brands.

I was surprised that the Ride Command did not display the track number or number of tracks but there might be a software update to address this.

Organization: My music is scattered all over the place. I have dozens of folders and many folders have multiple layers of folders within folders. All totaled, I have 4,300+ files.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where did you find the "shuffle" option"? I do not see that on my 19 Chieftain Dark Horse with Ride Command.

Fat32 stick, organized by artist, then albums, then songs.

Can only select play all if all the way down to album level or "all songs" level on stick. All songs does not shuffle, only plays alphabetically.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts