Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering new mirrors for my Chieftain Limited. For those of you that have the Indian Pinnacle Mirrors what do you think of them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I’m considering new mirrors for my Chieftain Limited. For those of you that have the Indian Pinnacle Mirrors what do you think of them?

Love them! I know you had a bad experience but that was obviously an abused product situation. Mine gleam like the day they were new.

·
Founding member
805 Posts

As you know I went ahead and ordered new. I love then for visibility and cosmetic appearance. Whoever came up with a 3 nut mount should be stripped of their engineer title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought they had a ball swivel on the back of the Pinnacle mirror so you could adjust the angle of the mirror but it looks like the mirror just rotated on the end of the arm. How do you adjust the angle up and down of the mirrors?

Streak, is that what you mean by three nut mount?

·
Founding member
805 Posts
I think I still have the instructions, when I get home I will take a picture and send it over. It Does swivel so you can adjust.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was also considering these. They make them with flat glass for those that don’t like the distortion of the convex mirror.

I believe the thinking is they are big enough where you don’t need a convex mirror.

Has anyone tried these. You have to pay $20 extra for the adapter to fit on an Indian.

I like the hex head screws on both sides of the adjuster ball on the back of the mirrors so you can adjust the friction.

Magnum Mirrors | Mirrors | Handlebar Controls, Grips & Mirrors | Kuryakyn

·
Founding member
805 Posts
I thought they had a ball swivel on the back of the Pinnacle mirror so you could adjust the angle of the mirror but it looks like the mirror just rotated on the end of the arm. How do you adjust the angle up and down of the mirrors?

Streak, is that what you mean by three nut mount?

I’m still out with my wife, but I did review the threads and found this one which kind of shows what I did. My issue was as I was tightening one bolt I was loosening another.
https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/mirror-install-instructions-needed.170425/

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have them on my Springfield, a bit pricey but they do give you a bit more surface area for viewing.
Jeff
Jeff,

Did you find them a great improvement in the field of view over the stock mirrors or was it just slightly better?

·
Founding member
805 Posts
Jeff,

Did you find them a great improvement in the field of view over the stock mirrors or was it just slightly better?

I know this is directed to another member but will give my 2 cents. I really bought these more for cosmetics but am very surprised at the better view. I think it’s due to the pinnacle having a bit larger surface area, sitting higher up and having a tinting. I really am thrilled with these.

I am cheap so was looking used but they are hard to find. Was going to get from competition accessories as they were about $20 cheaper. Finally got at Amazon as I got a $100 Amazon gift card for participating in a research group. I still think they are priced high but am thrilled with quality, cosmetics and visibility

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love mine. Not only do I see a little better they look great on my Chieftain!!

Reactions: Gearset807

·
Registered
324 Posts
I put them on my vintage and then onto the RM. Absolutely love them. Better vision all round. I can actually see what is behind and beside me with them. Wouldn’t hesitate in recommending

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I wound up having to buy new ones after an unsuccessful attempt at buying used. I’m still hoping to get a refund on the used ones.

But....I really like the mirrors. I feel like I now have a panoramic view of what’s going on behind me compared to the stock mirrors.

Since Indian is currently having a sale of $30 off of a $150 purchase on accessories I went for it.

·
Founding member
805 Posts
So I wound up having to buy new ones after an unsuccessful attempt at buying used. I’m still hoping to get a refund on the used ones.

But....I really like the mirrors. I feel like I now have a panoramic view of what’s going on behind me compared to the stock mirrors.

Since Indian is currently having a sale of $30 off of a $150 purchase on accessories I went for it.

Glad you finally got these. I am impressed with them. Also REALLY hoping you get a refund for others.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bigger bug collectors - I just ordered some for my Springfield (thanks). Anything that helps me see better is worth the investment..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts