Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is JUST my opinion. Take it for what its worth to you. I recently purchased the above accessory for my new 2017 Roadmaster.
While the quality was TOP NOTCH, I was unable to find an acceptable location to mount them that didn't either look stupid, or a location that served any purpose.
I am 5'10" with a 31" inseam so even though I don't have the longest legs, I'm far from short imho....
If you mount them in the logical vertical portion of the highway bar, it is a very long reach at best.
On the Roadmaster, the lower fairing prevents nearly every other mounting location.
I am sure these would work on most of the other bikes in the 111 lineup but I just found them useless on the Roadmaster.
20170111_134738.jpg

·
Senior member / bronze
1,617 Posts
I also have a 31" inseam. Had those infinate pegs on my Chieftain and they weren't that comfortable so purchased the Kuryakyn toe pegs. 100% improvement.
I now have 2017 roadmaster and put them on it and still love them.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave. I tried that. Still not comfortable. Sent them back to the dealer. They really are good quality, I just couldn't get comfortable in a position that I found much different than having my feet on the boards.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I mounted mine tilted inwards towards the floorboards. I rest my heals on the boards and my feet on the pegs. It is a very comfortable riding position for me.
Mine are mounted like yours, I throw my feet up and ride. I think that Aeromach is making their cruise legs for the Indian floorboards. They mount under the boards and the pegs are positioned slightly above and outside of the boards. I've never used them personally, but I have seen these on other bikes. Maybe they would be a better fit for the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,759 Posts
34in inseam here and they work fine for me -- just tilt em in like milwDave said. But mayhaps that three inch difference is critical...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I’m having the same issue, 5’10” with a 30” inseam. Can someone post pictures of the Infinite pegs mounted ?
I cannot find a good position?

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
36" inseam here so they work well. IMO - Anyone under 32" inseam would likely have a hard time adjusting to them, or adjusting them to be a comfortable fit. Mainly because of how wide one has to splay their legs, due to the width of the highway bar and the added width of the pegs mounting system. Again, JMO

·
Registered
163 Posts
With the wider highway bars, it is a long reach for those of us with less than 33-34" inseam (another 31" inseam here). One thing I thought would help is to have the floorboards wider. The issue for me is I'm running out of floorboard for what I want to do which is rest my heal on the board and rest the ball of my foot on a highway peg. I think several others ride like this as well. I have not come across any kits for pushing both boards out a bit. I did see something for the left board only to accommodate a heal shifter. If anyone know of a kit, please post. I am considering the toe pad option but would like to find a bike with them installed so I could test them for reach and comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
With the wider highway bars, it is a long reach for those of us with less than 33-34" inseam (another 31" inseam here). One thing I thought would help is to have the floorboards wider. The issue for me is I'm running out of floorboard for what I want to do which is rest my heal on the board and rest the ball of my foot on a highway peg. I think several others ride like this as well. I have not come across any kits for pushing both boards out a bit. I did see something for the left board only to accommodate a heal shifter. If anyone know of a kit, please post. I am considering the toe pad option but would like to find a bike with them installed so I could test them for reach and comfort.
Contact Aeromach and see if they'll sell you spacers & bolts.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I agree, I tried the Infinite Highway pegs in a variety of positions on my Roadmaster and gave up on them. I purchased and installed the Kuryakyn Toe rests and love them!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
My god, that looks ridiculous! How can you go through twisties without hitting those on the ground

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
1,953 Posts
My god, that looks ridiculous! How can you go through twisties without hitting those on the ground
I haven’t even come close. And I’ve scraped the boards plenty.

A besides it’s a touring bike not a cafe racer. With one bad knee, one already replaced and rheumatoid arthritis I need a variety of riding positions to spend an entire day on the bike.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts